Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Some components not activated. Cannot play Blu-Ray
[Post New]
I just updated to lated build 2307 and when trying to play a Blu-ray I get an error dialog saying some components not yet activated. Please connect to the internet and try again. I an connected to the internet and it is getting very frustrating. Blu-ray dics worked before the update. Can someone help?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Most likely it's other things that need updating too. Have you updated your GPU driver to the latest version. People always seem to forget this, but it is part of it.

If that doesn't work, attach your DXDiag file as outlined in the "read me before posting" so users can do more than just guess.

Dave
[Post New]
Quote Most likely it's other things that need updating too. Have you updated your GPU driver to the latest version. People always seem to forget this, but it is part of it.

If that doesn't work, attach your DXDiag file as outlined in the "read me before posting" so users can do more than just guess.

Dave

Still get same error. Video Drivers are current. I have no clue.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
82 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
236 time(s)
[Thumb - Powerdvderror.jpg]
 Filename
Powerdvderror.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
64 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
0 time(s)
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
If your firewall or security software completely allow powerdvd's activation, I just wonder that if this PC has ever installed with any unauthorized powerdvd copy previously, and the playback activation has been redirected or blocked by a cracker already, and never get resumed.

May this helps you sort out the condition, or you have to contact cyberlink support then.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 26. 2018 20:49

[Post New]
Quote If your firewall or security software completely allow powerdvd's activation, I just wonder that if this PC has ever installed with any unauthorized powerdvd copy previously, and the playback activation has been redirected or blocked by a cracker already, and never get resumed.

May this helps you sort out the condition, or you have to contact cyberlink support then.

This is probably the problem. I tried to install a bad copy and it never would register. I will have to do a complete uninstall and re-install. Does Cyberlink have a removal tool? thanks for all of your help.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think the network setting hacking regarding software activation (if any) by crackers can be resumed by a cyberlink tool or wiped by powerdvd removal, because it has nothing to do with a normal program setup or uninstallation.

If you are not an engineer that develops web applications or server, a normal Windows hosts file should not set with any URL redirections.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_(file)

Check that if your hosts file has been compromised.
The hosts file tampering is a very common trick when doing web development works or "malicious hacking".

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28. 2018 04:16