Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Support for Hauppauge ImpactVCB Model 01381
JimCl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2018 10:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I plan to purchase a Hauppauge ImpactVCB pci card and like to know how I would use this card to capture video using PowerDirector 15. Thank You for your time.
Regards,
Jim Clarke

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 23. 2018 10:56

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I plan to purchase a Hauppauge ImpactVCB pci card and like to know how I would use this card to capture video using PowerDirector 15. Thank You for your time.
Regards,
Jim Clarke

I have a similar one, I believe it's the same for your board.
After installing the capture card drivers, PD will recognize and show the settings.

I'd rather use a Philips DVDR recorder, maybe I'll reuse the capture if the recorder fails.
see the image
[Thumb - capture.jpg]
 Filename
capture.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
312 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
JimCl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2018 10:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank You for your reply. I assume that its Windows 7 compatible? I read that you need the WinTV application going in background. Is that the case? Also, were you able to save files as mpeg-4. I plan on using it to transfer my vhs tapes.

I have a similar one, I believe it's the same for your board.
After installing the capture card drivers, PD will recognize and show the settings.

I'd rather use a Philips DVDR recorder, maybe I'll reuse the capture if the recorder fails.
see the image
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank You for your reply. I assume that its Windows 7 compatible? I read that you need the WinTV application going in background. Is that the case? Also, were you able to save files as mpeg-4. I plan on using it to transfer my vhs tapes.

I do not need to install another capture application.
You need to install the drivers that came with the capture card. (That's what I did)
Also accompanies capture application, install and you can choose which works best.
Most editing applications also do capture.
When I was doing VHS capture I preferred capture in uncompressed AVI, (consumes a lot of HD) that to avoid much quality loss after editing, in the conversion to DVD-Video.
[Thumb - captura.png]
 Filename
captura.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
442 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)