Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD17 Timeline markers question
[Post New]
Hello everyone,

I'm working on some rather long vids with a several dozen timeline markers. I'm finding it very tedious to move around the timeline because I can't figure out how to make the timeline marker window stay open so I can use it for fast and convenient cueing to the timeline by clicking the marker instead of having to move through the timeline itself. (especially when the timeline is zoomed in)

I have a three monitor station and would very much like to utilize that space with some open windows of editing tools and such. I also think the ability to color code the markers would be a very advantageous addition to visual recognition of what's on the timeline at a glance. Keeping any tools or editing window open as an option would be an extremely helpful option.

The markers also never move with the clips if you "remove clips and move to fill gap". That option needs to be added. It totally eliminates the usefulness of the markers, especially when you have dozens of them set up. Very frustrating when that occurs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2018 14:13

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Does the "Shift" left or right keyboard arrow help at all? It toggles to the next timeline marker and maintains timeline zoom.

Since these are timeline markers they are not tied to clips but timecode, hence the issue you noted with clips are removed. Suggestions previously asked for clip tie of markers, chapters,... so on, but not a feature yet.

Jeff
[Post New]
Quote Does the "Shift" left or right keyboard arrow help at all? It toggles to the next timeline marker and maintains timeline zoom.

Since these are timeline markers they are not tied to clips but timecode, hence the issue you noted with clips are removed. Suggestions previously asked for clip tie of markers, chapters,... so on, but not a feature yet.

Jeff

Thank you so much for replying.

Yes, I use the SHIFT + ARROWS like crazy. It just would be immensely more useful with that Markers window open for quicker go to jumping to a specific marker. Especially when they are all over the place and you don't feel like pounding out the arrow keys until you get to where you want to be. It just makes sense to me.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
PDM provided the following, I'd take advantage of it. Much better timeline navigation and tagging would certainly be a welcomed feature.

Quote To submit suggestions, please use the in program feature found in the File menu. Select File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Johnmcf2
Newbie Location: Arizona City, Arizona Joined: Jul 15, 2018 13:13 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello everyone,

I'm working on some rather long vids with a several dozen timeline markers. I'm finding it very tedious to move around the timeline because I can't figure out how to make the timeline marker window stay open so I can use it for fast and convenient cueing to the timeline by clicking the marker instead of having to move through the timeline itself. (especially when the timeline is zoomed in)

I have a three monitor station and would very much like to utilize that space with some open windows of editing tools and such. I also think the ability to color code the markers would be a very advantageous addition to visual recognition of what's on the timeline at a glance. Keeping any tools or editing window open as an option would be an extremely helpful option.

The markers also never move with the clips if you "remove clips and move to fill gap". That option needs to be added. It totally eliminates the usefulness of the markers, especially when you have dozens of them set up. Very frustrating when that occurs.

I would love to have the marker locked to clip not the time line or maybe both one for time line one for the clip. I am trying to put multiple cameras on same Video, switching back and forth for particular scenes. once the videos are synced timeline markers are OK but clip markers would speed up the sync process. especially when the Audio portion does not show up for sometimes hours.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... especially when the Audio portion does not show up for sometimes hours.

Please make sure you have the latest PD17 update, as that has resolved the issue where audio waveforms sometimes did not get displayed. The patch works for almost all situations, but if you still see the issue, follow the 3 steps in this post for a workaround.