Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blackberry updates try to install when I finish a video
M4rkJ4br0n1
Newbie Location: St. John's NL Canada Joined: Dec 20, 2018 08:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everybody! I'm not sure if this is a common problem that sometimes pops up, or somehow unique to me.

Once up on a time, I owned a used Blackberry Playbook. It didn't work to its utmost, because the way Playbooks are set up, once you log onto your Google account & add it, it has to be removed, or else nobody else can use it properly. Apparently the person who sold it to me either didn't know that, or didn't care, so all I was able to do with it was download & watch HD videos. Good thing I only paid $40 for it!

So fast forward to now {it stopped charging properly, so I had to stop using it, but fortunately I felt I'd gotten my money's worth by that point}. I'd started doing Unboxing videos using Youcam off my laptop around 2 years ago & all was going well, up til about 2-3 months ago, when suddenly, out of the blue, I start getting a pop-up stating that my laptop's installing Blackberry updates after I've completed filming a video.

I'd naturally uninstalled everything Blackberry off my laptop shortly after the Playbook stopped functioning, even going so far as to use iObit Uninstaller to make sure all the stragglers were gone {there were a few}. I then used the File Search option to make sure nothing "Blackberry" was let on my laptop & {as far as I can tell} everything seems to be off of it.

Has anybody else encountered his problem before? & does anybody know how I deal with it?

Thanks in advance!
M4rkJ4br0n!
Newbie Location: St. John's NL Joined: Feb 13, 2019 13:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again! It's me, under a slightly different username, since I wasn't able to reply to the original {presuably others weren't able to either} Any responses, please go ahead!