Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Vertical line using chroma key and audio syncing problems
VictorM1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2018 04:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I use chroma key with a green screen video clip and a png file for the background. everything goes fine until I try to resize my chromakey image. The left hand side of the chroma key box then becomes a hard vertical line right over the image. I would add a screen shot fr ouy to all see, but it doesn't seem possible.

and I am having problems syncing my audio and video. I go through and snyc up the changes of background with the narrative, but when I play it back they go out of sync. Sometimes it works to go right to the beginning of a video and start again but that is an extremely slow process compared with just going to the beginning of the last clip if I could do that. Going back to the last clip even woth a marker in place, the narrative is not synced up any more.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 13. 2018 05:17

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I use chroma key with a green screen video clip and a png file for the background. everything goes fine until I try to resize my chromakey image. The left hand side of the chroma key box then becomes a hard vertical line right over the image. I would add a screen shot fr ouy to all see, but it doesn't seem possible.

and I am having problems syncing my audio and video. I go through and snyc up the changes of background with the narrative, but when I play it back they go out of sync. Sometimes it works to go right to the beginning of a video and start again but that is an extremely slow process compared with just going to the beginning of the last clip if I could do that. Going back to the last clip even woth a marker in place, the narrative is not synced up any more.

These are two separate issues, but they may be related if they're caused by an outdated video driver. You haven't provided any information at all about your PC, which is why the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread at the top of the forum index lists the steps to run the DxDiag test and then attach the results.

You can hold down the <Alt> + <Print Screen> buttons to take a screenshot of the PD timeline, or hold down the <Win> + <Shift> + <S> keys to activate the screen snipping tool and draw a box around the area you want to capture. Open up Paint (or any other image editor) and paste the screenshot there, then save the image where you can find it. You can then use the Attachments button when you reply.

Once you've shared those details, it'll be easier for people to help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2018 01:07

yoavlin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 28, 2013 12:02 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]

These are two separate issues, but they may be related if they're caused by an outdated video driver. You haven't provided any information at all about your PC, which is why the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread at the top of the forum index lists the steps to run the DxDiag test and then attach the results.

You can hold down the <Alt> + <Print Screen> buttons to take a screenshot of the PD timeline, or hold down the <Win> + <Shift> + <S> keys to activate the screen snipping tool and draw a box around the area you want to capture. Open up Paint (or any other image editor) and paste the screenshot there, then save the image where you can find it. You can then use the Attachments button when you reply.

Once you've shared those details, it'll be easier for people to help.

I used to have the same problem when resizing chroma key. I solved it by using masked design, instead of resizing:
https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/video/603/how-to-create-masks-using-the-mask-designer-%7C-powerdirector-video-editing-tutorial

I also had problems with syncs, in older PD versions. The problem was only with playback, not in the rendered movie. Did you make sure you have the shadow files enabled? I use a 1280 X 720 resolution.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 25. 2018 12:13