Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Over charges on products downloaded online
GaryPe1952 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2006 20:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone had the problem of Digital River charging twice for the same product? I purchased PowerDVD v.9 Ultra and the extended download capabilities for aproximately $101 dollars and the next day I had two exact charges in my bank account. Two for $6.50 and two for $94.95. I can't get customer service at Cyberlink to deal with this and I get NO response from Digital River. I need them to back out the second charge they made so I can pay my rent!!!!!! Has anyone else had this awful service from the billing department that works for Cyberlink? I think it's a different company that Cyberlink contracts to do their billing but What Digital does reflects back on to Cyberlink.

Gary P GaryPe
Matthew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2009 20:44 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
1) Thats where fraud protections comes to work for you if you have it, if you contact your bank and point it out. Depending on your bank/CC they will revert and deny the 2nd charg and revert the fund's to your acc instently for most banks, now CC like chase/captialone have a free feacher where they auto decline the 2nd charge till you respont to the txt/automated phone call thats free.

2nd) Any thing bough online via with dc/cc/ba, it is a must to have the extra protection or you can be waiting 6 mth's for your funds to come back to your acc.. Trust me I learned the hard way with M$ charging me 4 times for 1 item which contently almost put me on the street's living after it wiped out my whole bank account.
FLORENTINO [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2009 13:04 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
In my past I have been like you, pay by credit card to download the program and I have left to finish. Claim this injustice but I have been cut salemnte the forum have also removed many of my answers. Do not blame the moderator Ciberlink but has poor credit.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Has anyone had the problem of Digital River charging twice for the same product? I purchased PowerDVD v.9 Ultra and the extended download capabilities for aproximately $101 dollars and the next day I had two exact charges in my bank account. Two for $6.50 and two for $94.95. I can't get customer service at Cyberlink to deal with this and I get NO response from Digital River. I need them to back out the second charge they made so I can pay my rent!!!!!! Has anyone else had this awful service from the billing department that works for Cyberlink? I think it's a different company that Cyberlink contracts to do their billing but What Digital does reflects back on to Cyberlink.

Gary P

Gary, I have referred (yesterday) your post to CyberLink and have seen (been CC'd) the emails between them and Digital River.
1. You should have been contacted by CyberLink AND Digital River's Customer Support.
2. Let me know if you haven't. In the PM I'd need your full contact details = name, email and order number.
Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 28. 2009 04:47