Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow customization issue.
[Post New]

1. Place 6 or more images on timeline.

2. Select images 2 to 5 for slideshow.

3. Select "Motion" slideshow.

4. Select "Advanced editing" to complete the effect. The slideshow will appear as one segment.

5. Select "Customize" to alter the slideshow.

6. Change the time for the first image to double the original seconds and OK to accept.

7. The modified slideshow is now on the timeline but it now overlaps the next image when logically it should be asking if the project to the right of the slideshow should be moved over. This is a real pain on a large project.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Al Vodi -

Yep - that's a weird one. I can confirm your observation.

I'll scratch around a bit more to see what's going on... whatever it is, it's wrong.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
A quick workaround is to move the slideshow to another track, and then drag it back into place. You'll be prompted for the appropriate action:

This is clearly a bug and I think you should contact tech support. Copy and paste the link to this thread in your description so they can see how you and Tony have documented the issue. Paste the CS# here once you've submitted your request to close the loop.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote A quick workaround is to move the slideshow to another track, and then drag it back into place. You'll be prompted for the appropriate action:

This is clearly a bug and I think you should contact tech support. Copy and paste the link to this thread in your description so they can see how you and Tony have documented the issue. Paste the CS# here once you've submitted your request to close the loop.

Let's see if they read these forums like they should.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
My understanding is that this is a user forum only, and it's not considered a formal communications channel to the company.

The only way to ensure that Cyberlink's developers see this issue (and would then take steps to fix it) is if you report it, which is why I wrote out the detailed description in my last post.

As the OP, it makes the most sense for you to formally request help with/report this issue, and you'll also be the first one to know what their findings and future action will be.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°