Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem burning a PD ISO
Wanstronian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2018 15:18 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I created an ISO file from PD16. I'm trying to use AVS Disc Creator to burn to DVD-R but it says it's an unsupported format.

Similarly, if I burn my project direct to disc then try and copy the disc, I get some message about not being able to copy multi-session files.

Is there some setting in PD16 that makes the disc copyable or the ISO burnable?
TinkerDog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2016 21:48 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I created an ISO file from PD16. I'm trying to use AVS Disc Creator to burn to DVD-R but it says it's an unsupported format.

Similarly, if I burn my project direct to disc then try and copy the disc, I get some message about not being able to copy multi-session files.

Is there some setting in PD16 that makes the disc copyable or the ISO burnable?

Have you tried RIGHT-CLICK on the file from WINDOWS EXPLORER, then selecting BURN DISK IMAGE ?

I do this all the time without any problem burning the ISO files to DVD.
Wanstronian [Avatar]
[Post New]

Have you tried RIGHT-CLICK on the file from WINDOWS EXPLORER, then selecting BURN DISK IMAGE ?

I do this all the time without any problem burning the ISO files to DVD.

I finally got round to trying this; I get a message, "The selected disc image file isn't valid."

So it looks like PD16 doesn't make standard ISO images...?
Wanstronian [Avatar]
[Post New]

I finally got round to trying this; I get a message, "The selected disc image file isn't valid."

So it looks like PD16 doesn't make standard ISO images...?

Ok, I think I may have solved this.

I was using a menu downloaded from DirectorZone, created by a PD user.

If I use a standard PD menu, the ISO seems to burn just fine.

So something about user-ULed menus is potentially dodgy, which is a shame as I'm not a massive fan of most of the PD stock menus. Hopefully they get it sorted soon.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not exactly clear on how you expect someone "to get it sorted soon" if nobody else has reported the issue and you haven't provided many details. I've used many menus from DirectorZone and don't recall ever having a problem burning a disc or making copies of it.

If you'd like to figure out the issue so you (and other users) would be able to create workable ISO files, some things to start with are the exact menu (or menus) you downloaded and got the error message with. It's possible that the problem is with that specific menu, and not the other 99.99% of them.

Also, you mentioned that you were able to burn a DVD of the project with the DZ menu directly from PD16, but you weren't able to copy it. Does that disc play normally on your PC or in a DVD player? Can you take a screenshot of the error showing the "multi-session files" message? Was that a Windows message or from the AVS app?

I won't take much time to answer/post each of these questions, and chances are pretty good that other forum members will find the solution. We are a support community and our strength is the free exchange of ideas, experience and knowledge, and your contributions here will certainly add to that!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Wanstronian [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm not exactly clear on how you expect someone "to get it sorted soon" if nobody else has reported the issue and you haven't provided many details. I've used many menus from DirectorZone and don't recall ever having a problem burning a disc or making copies of it.

If you'd like to figure out the issue so you (and other users) would be able to create workable ISO files, some things to start with are the exact menu (or menus) you downloaded and got the error message with. It's possible that the problem is with that specific menu, and not the other 99.99% of them.

Also, you mentioned that you were able to burn a DVD of the project with the DZ menu directly from PD16, but you weren't able to copy it. Does that disc play normally on your PC or in a DVD player? Can you take a screenshot of the error showing the "multi-session files" message? Was that a Windows message or from the AVS app?

I won't take much time to answer/post each of these questions, and chances are pretty good that other forum members will find the solution. We are a support community and our strength is the free exchange of ideas, experience and knowledge, and your contributions here will certainly add to that!

That's a fair cop, it may well be just this one menu. By "a problem with ULed menus" I didn't mean none of them work, I mean that there's insufficient quality checking to make sure they all work. I would hope that if Cyberlink make them available on their site, they'd have some automated checking facility. Perhaps they do, and this one just slipped through the net!

I'd be happy to try and diagnose the problem, but wouldn't really know where to start. I've attached a copy of the message from AVS Disc Creator (at least I hope I have).

FWIW, the menu in question is Danse2017_grands_OK https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/177703628

Cheers
W
[Thumb - avs.JPG]
 Filename
avs.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Danse2017_grands_OK
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the update. Just an FYI that while Cyberlink has set up the DZ website as a place where users can share content, I highly doubt that there is any kind of oversight or checking regarding how well the many hundreds of thousands of user-created menus, templates, etc are built.

They're all free and as far as I can tell, they're also all in the "download at your own risk" category. Not that you'd damage your computer or be infected by a virus, but maybe they don't all work as expected.

With that said, the AVS message seems to simply be stating that it can't copy a mulitisession disc.

To me, it looks like the program you used to burn the ISO image with the original menu to the disc did so as a multisession disc (meant only for PCs and Macs) instead of as a standard DVD for standalone players.

The "burn as multisession" checkbox may be buried deep in an options menu somewhere in the disc burning app, or it may be the setting from the last time you burned a disc. Either way, AVS is just letting you know that the disc probably won't play on dedicated players, and I don't think it's related to PD.

If you still have the ISO that was produced by PD and AVS told you was an unsupported format, one thing you can do would be to upload it to the cloud (OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox) and paste the link here. That way, one of us could test it and see if we can figure out why AVS might not like the format, and if thre's anything about that specific menu that caused the issue.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Wanstronian [Avatar]
[Post New]

To me, it looks like the program you used to burn the ISO image with the original menu to the disc did so as a multisession disc (meant only for PCs and Macs) instead of as a standard DVD for standalone players.

That program was PD16! When I created the disc direct from PD, that was the disc that AVA couldn't copy as it was deemed multi-session.

But, using the exact same content with a different menu, everything worked ok. So I think the "multi-session" error is, in retrospect, a red herring triggered, somehow, by a problem with the menu.

If you still have the ISO that was produced by PD and AVS told you was an unsupported format, one thing you can do would be to upload it to the cloud (OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox) and paste the link here. That way, one of us could test it and see if we can figure out why AVS might not like the format, and if thre's anything about that specific menu that caused the issue.

I appreciate the offer, but the DVD is a whole bunch of clips of my kids when they were young, so I'm not comfortable uploading that to a website.