Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Vimeo do not reconice 360 video edited and rendered in PowerDirector 17
[Post New]
We never had this problemin PowerDirector 16

You have to use a Spatial Media Metadata Injector

and injeckt meta data before it is playing in the 360 Viewer
[Thumb - Spatial Media Metadata Injector.jpg]
 Filename
Spatial Media Metadata Injector.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2018 09:10

Svendus Blog
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Svendus -

That's odd. I just did a quick test in PDR17 using the Samsung Gear360 sample clip.

Produced to 3840x1920 in a 360 project - uploaded to Vimeo which immediately recognised it as 360, stating "360 detected" after upload was complete.

It plays correctly as a 360 file.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi Svendus -

That's odd. I just did a quick test in PDR17 using the Samsung Gear360 sample clip.

Produced to 3840x1920 in a 360 project - uploaded to Vimeo which immediately recognised it as 360, stating "360 detected" after upload was complete.

It plays correctly as a 360 file.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony
we tryed two difrent 4K 50p h264 avc files and they both became flat 4K videos
Shot with an insta360ONEX Camera
Here are the media info from the last one

General
Complete name : D:\CyberLink\PowerDirector\17.0\2018 Hamra Ford T-A.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Sony PSP
Codec ID : MSNV (MSNV/isom/mp42)
File size : 3.32 GiB
Duration : 24 min 14 s
Overall bit rate : 19.6 Mb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2018-12-06 09:12:52
Tagged date : UTC 2018-12-06 09:12:52
Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L5.2
Format settings : CABAC / 2 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=13
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 19.5 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 1 920 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.000
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 50.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.053
Stream size : 3.30 GiB (99%)
Language : English
Codec configuration box : avcC
Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Source duration : 24 min 14 s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 22.2 MiB (1%)
Source stream size : 22.2 MiB (1%)
Language : English
mdhd_Duration : 1454398

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 07. 2018 03:04

Svendus Blog
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again -

When you go to the Produce module, do the options look like this? Did you designate the project as 360?

I only ask because there are some properties of your produced file that aren't consistent with mine, aside from the obvious PAL/NTSC thing.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Yes Tony
It is 360 custom settings MPEG-4 3840 x 1920/50p (20 Mbps)128kbps
may be it is because the video are 50 Frames p/sec
on YouTube it is recodniced

Svendus Blog
[Post New]

Vimeo Upload settings Vimeo sayes 360 Deteckted but the video do not play in the 360 Viewer
we have contackted VIMEO and sent a link to to this post Thank You

vimeo settings

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 07. 2018 11:10

Svendus Blog
[Post New]

We got the Answer to the problem from Kris M (Vimeo Support)
Dec 7, 3:35 PM EST
Hi Svend,
Thanks for getting in touch, and sorry for the trouble with your video.
You will need to toggle the 360 setting on for your video. The option to mark your video as 360 can be found under the Distribution > Discovery page of your video settings.

well hidden under Distribution/ videofile links""

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 09. 2018 07:44

Svendus Blog
[Post New]
Youtube Recodnice the video as 360 after a while when rendred in CyberLink PowerDirector17 (64-bit)
but not on Vimeo there you have to injeckt metadata if it shall run automaticaly

Svendus Blog
JoeZ99 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 12, 2014 08:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Sven,

I found your blog and saw your explanation of how to set up a new 5.7K profile. I'm very impressed that you could do it but I don't think I'm going to do it because I'd probably mess it up.

It would be nice if Cyberlink incorporated something like that in its next upgrade.

Joe
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... how to set up a new 5.7K profile. I'm very impressed that you could do it but I don't think I'm going to do it because I'd probably mess it up.

There is a 5.2k profile already built at the bottom of this post, and all you'd need to do is change the resolution values and the name to put it to use. Instructions are in that same post, if needed.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote Sven,

I found your blog and saw your explanation of how to set up a new 5.7K profile. I'm very impressed that you could do it but I don't think I'm going to do it because I'd probably mess it up.

It would be nice if Cyberlink incorporated something like that in its next upgrade.

Joe
we jost mad a copy off the Profile.ini

the onely way you can mess it up are if you change the name id that the applicatin use Svendus Blog
[Post New]

There is a 5.2k profile already built at the bottom of this post, and all you'd need to do is change the resolution values and the name to put it to use. Instructions are in that same post, if needed.

Check this link innocent Svendus Blog
JoeZ99 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sven and Optodata,

Thanks to both of you for your advice- but I suspect my elderly somewhat damaged brain would have trouble with creating a profile even with your excellent directions. I just hope Cyberlink will do it for us in their next upgrade of V17.

By the way, I tried uploading a 360 deg file to YouTube only to find out it doesn't automatically recognize 360 files- the way Vimeo does. I'm surprised about this. Their help file gave instructions how to modify the file before uploading- but heck no- I'll stick with vimeo.

Now, here's a question. Would uploading a 5.7K or 5.2K 360 deg file to Vimeo look much better than a 4K file?

Joe
[Post New]

Sven and Optodata,

Thanks to both of you for your advice- but I suspect my elderly somewhat damaged brain would have trouble with creating a profile even with your excellent directions. I just hope Cyberlink will do it for us in their next upgrade of V17.

By the way, I tried uploading a 360 deg file to YouTube only to find out it doesn't automatically recognize 360 files- the way Vimeo does. I'm surprised about this. Their help file gave instructions how to modify the file before uploading- but heck no- I'll stick with vimeo.

Now, here's a question. Would uploading a 5.7K or 5.2K 360 deg file to Vimeo look much better than a 4K file?

Joe
the Quality will be better i think that on YouTube You just have to Whait a little longer (depending on the Video file size) then it will play in 360 When the servers on Youtube are finished preparing your video wink
The video streaming platform Vimeo has added support for 360-degree videos in up to 8K resolution with customisable settings.

The platform update is aimed at videographers and offers users the
option to sell videos or channel subscriptions for their 360 videos.

Videos can be uploaded directly from Adobe Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas, and an updated mobile app lets users save videos to watch at a later time without an internet connection.

New customisable options of users’ 360 videos include the option to
change the default view or the direction in which viewers start when the
video begins.

Other options allow you to return to the originally intended angle of view during viewing.

What’s more, Vimeo has launched a new 360 Video School to help users
master the technique of filming in a 360-degree video format.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2019 13:42

Svendus Blog
JoeZ99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sven,

I see that YouTube eventually recognized my 360.

After experimenting with uploading 360 videos and "free capture" videos- I see that the quality of the uploaded 360 videos is degraded enough that I'm not happy with them. But the free capture videos I upload are not being degraded much.

I'm thinking that there really isn't that many situations that a 360 is going to be useful compared to a carefully developed free capture.

I saw your video where you saw up an old oak log. It was 360 but if you had done it as a free capture it would have been just as informative to your audience, perhaps more so as you could "force" their attention where you want- so they don't bother looking around your property.

So, even with 5.7 K- that's barely enough to get great quality. It may look decent on your computer but once it's degraded by uploading, it's barely acceptable, to me at least. I notice on the YouTube help site- they recommend uploading much higher resolution 360 videos- I presume with very expensive, multiple lens cameras- such as those Insta360 makes.

Regardless, I really love this Insta360 One X camera. It's taking some time to get used to working with editing them.

Insta360 recently uploaded their post Beta version of Studio- which is quite nice for a basic 360 editor. Now I need to see what I can do with PD 17.

By the way, I enjoyed watching your video of sawing that log. Do you saw much wood? I'm interested because I've been a "professional forester" since 1973. Any photograph and video of anything to do with forests and forest products interests me. That in fact is my objective- to take videos of forestry work. And maybe also in some local sawmills, here in Massachusetts, USA.
Joe
[Post New]
Quote Sven,

I see that YouTube eventually recognized my 360.

After experimenting with uploading 360 videos and "free capture" videos- I see that the quality of the uploaded 360 videos is degraded enough that I'm not happy with them. But the free capture videos I upload are not being degraded much.

I'm thinking that there really isn't that many situations that a 360 is going to be useful compared to a carefully developed free capture.

I saw your video where you saw up an old oak log. It was 360 but if you had done it as a free capture it would have been just as informative to your audience, perhaps more so as you could "force" their attention where you want- so they don't bother looking around your property.

So, even with 5.7 K- that's barely enough to get great quality. It may look decent on your computer but once it's degraded by uploading, it's barely acceptable, to me at least. I notice on the YouTube help site- they recommend uploading much higher resolution 360 videos- I presume with very expensive, multiple lens cameras- such as those Insta360 makes.

Regardless, I really love this Insta360 One X camera. It's taking some time to get used to working with editing them.

Insta360 recently uploaded their post Beta version of Studio- which is quite nice for a basic 360 editor. Now I need to see what I can do with PD 17.

By the way, I enjoyed watching your video of sawing that log. Do you saw much wood? I'm interested because I've been a "professional forester" since 1973. Any photograph and video of anything to do with forests and forest products interests me. That in fact is my objective- to take videos of forestry work. And maybe also in some local sawmills, here in Massachusetts, USA.
Joe
We aggre with you but the owercapture from a 5.7 video only becomes 1080 HD you have all the overcapture funktions in PowerDirecktor 17 and much more in HD moode and in 360 moode you can also clipp and change the starting positions where you want the visitors attention by the way did you go to the nadi on the ground to look 👀 for the tripod no ? it is all the magic of PowerDirecktor 😉 Svendus Blog
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ...
So, even with 5.7 K- that's barely enough to get great quality. It may look decent on your computer but once it's degraded by uploading, it's barely acceptable, to me at least.

There is no degredation in quality when you upload to YouTube or Vimeo, so it sounds like you're just not getting the full resolution version when you're watching. On YouTube, you should click on the "gear" icon along the lower right edge and make sure you choose the 2160s 4k option.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

JoeZ99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Opdodata,

The only problem with setting the res to 4K is that most or many people don't have a fast enough internet service to watch it at that res.

What I've concluded is that trying to view an uploaded true 360 is going to be a problem. But producing an "overcapture" from that video will work just fine as it can be produced at a lower res that won't choke many viewers' screens.

I think I suggested in a response to Sven- that his 360 video didn't add much to his sawing that log compared to- if it was an overcapture at a lower res and focused on the details of the sawing.

Then again, I'm a beginner at this 360 stuff so I'm probably wrong.

Joe
optodata
[Post New]
Quote The only problem with setting the res to 4K is that most or many people don't have a fast enough internet service to watch it at that res.
Then again, I'm a beginner at this 360 stuff so I'm probably wrong.

You're not wrong, but there is more going on here.

One great thing about YT and other streaming sites is that they give the viewer a choice in resolution, so even though I don't have a 4k monitor I can choose to watch in 4k or HD or 480. If the original upload is only in HD, then there's nothing I can do to watch it in 4k no matter what kind of monitor or interent speed I have. So for online videos in general, I think you should produce at your source clip's native resolution and let the website deal with all the streaming issues.

You bring up a good point about recording in 4k or 5.7k and only focusing on a smaller area in HD, but that's really a tool for non-3D videos since you can't "crop out" 3/4 of the sphere and still have an immersable experience. Making a 2D section of just that part in HD would work nicely, though!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 13. 2019 13:37

YouTube/optodata