Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning project to dvd
Michael Beniams [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2018 05:26 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
My project is captured with a dv tape camera. Project and clips are AVI files. Is it normal for a 36 minute project to take about 56 mins. to burn to a disk. I use SP quality setting, and hav very little space left on the disk. Your comments regarding settings etc. would be much appreciated. I am using PD17 free download at the moment, liking many of it's features and seriously considering buying.

Thanks from Michael Beniams, hazmi67@live.co.uk
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
What processor do you have and how much RAM? And on what operating system?
Michael Beniams [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote What processor do you have and how much RAM? And on what operating system?

Thanks StevenG for your reply. My Processor is a AMD Athlon (tm) 2 x4, 3.10 Ghz. R.A.M. 4.00 GB . 64 bit operating system.
StevenG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Do you know which model of processor you have? There are many multi-core AMDs out there, and a great many are under-powered for editing video.

Also, can you be more specific about which operating system you're using? Is it Windows 10?

It's very difficult to offer specifics without specific information.
Michael Beniams [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Do you know which model of processor you have? There are many multi-core AMDs out there, and a great many are under-powered for editing video.

Also, can you be more specific about which operating system you're using? Is it Windows 10?

It's very difficult to offer specifics without specific information.

Sorry about that StevenG, I didn't give you complete information about my computer's processor. It's a AMD Athlon (tm) 2 x4 645 3.10 GHz, and my operating system is Windows 7.
StevenG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Your processor is a bit under-powered for video editing. It rates a 3,400 on benchmark tests, and in my books I usually recommend a processor that rates at least a 6,500 to 8,000 for basic editing. Although you are editing standard definition video, so you may be able to do some basic work.

First thing I'd do is look at the video and see what it's made of. DV-AVIs were once the workhorse of consumer video -- but not all AVIs are DV-AVIs.

Open one of your AVIs in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy that text to this forum.

Once we know which codec your AVI is using, etc., we'll better know what's going on.
Michael Beniams [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Your processor is a bit under-powered for video editing. It rates a 3,400 on benchmark tests, and in my books I usually recommend a processor that rates at least a 6,500 to 8,000 for basic editing. Although you are editing standard definition video, so you may be able to do some basic work.

First thing I'd do is look at the video and see what it's made of. DV-AVIs were once the workhorse of consumer video -- but not all AVIs are DV-AVIs.

Open one of your AVIs in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy that text to this forum.

Once we know which codec your AVI is using, etc., we'll better know what's going on.

Hi StevenG, thanks for your time answering my question. I think at the moment my best option will be to consider up-grading the processor/ RAM. Although I like the many excellant features of PD17, must carry on as I am with my present program. Thanks once again, Michael Beniams.