Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Uploaded 17minute video to Utube, only first 28seconds of the video uploaded Powerdirector 16 issue?
[Post New]
Hello community,
I recently recorded a video, this was an ingame recording using the latest OBS software.
My Utube channel seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/GunterSeverloh

Im having an issue with my latest upload, i know this isn't utube forums but im thinking my issue has to do with powerdirector 16, idk
I havent uploaded a video in about a month, so this past weekend i recorded a video in a computer game i always play called Arma3.

I have 228 videos i edited and uploaded without issue using power director, my settings for when i produce a video can be seen here:
(screenshot) https://prnt.sc/lq4vmt

Now i never had issues til my last upload, my video is 17:47 minutes long, and 5.46gb in size,
so the video took me 2hours and 30 minutes to upload, fairly standard for my videos give or take.
After this upload, and it processed, i went to check out the video, and to my surprise the video is only 28 seconds long,
so somehow the video was cut, shortened, and i dont know how or by what.

The details for the video on the produce page of the editor states, that the framerate of the video is 119,
when utube's guidelines require this:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

im wondering is the framerate of my video to high, or being produced to high?
I dont understand what the details represent, are they settings for all videos, or are they settings for my video i am rendering?

I dont know what to do, i never had this issue i been on utube since 2010, and use the same software.
Anyone have any idea of whats wrong and how do i fix it?

My last video on my channel i had no issues with, i had all the same settings as my recent video that was cut short.

Gunter
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I do not upload videos by PowerDirector, I upload with the Youtube upload manually.
But why do you produce with 120 fps? For 120 fps, 60 mBit/s is not a very good quality.
But if you need it...
Youtube does reencode your video clip. It needs to, for the different resolutions. I found out, that youtube does also reencode the original clip (in your case the 1080p upload). So if you uploaded a clip, wait an hour and then try watching the result again.

Try to upload your video manually with the browser and see, if it works.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
[Post New]
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I always upload to Utube manually through utube itself, plus i use Tubebuddy for extra features.

I only use Powerdirector 16 to edit my videos i record, and i record with OBS software which is free,
im using latest version, i can take screenshot of my settings if that helps, which i just changed.

"But why do you produce with 120 fps? For 120 fps, 60 mBit/s is not a very good quality."

Is that what that means 120fps?
Every time i use that setting my uploads are 1080p60 HD isn't that not good?
My videos look better then previous videos i did at only 1080p, this was my last video i recorded
and edited about a month ago,
its at 1080p60 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdM-WYA-rZg&t=122s

I've used the 1920x1080/120p (60mbps) setting for about a year and never had issues with uploading.

My last 2 videos i tried to upload as per my title 1st one was cut short to 28 seconds, my 2nd attempt it was cut to 22 seconds,
this is what im trying to understand, is my rendering settings and something else not meeting, or going to far over for utube requirements?

I dont know what to do, and im afraid to upload again and sit there for 2hours and wait
and then end up with a 20 second video again.

i appreciate any help. Thank you.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's frustrating, and the problem might be with 120fps, but I'm not 100% certain.

I just made a 4 min test video with your exact production settings and it turned out fine on YT. It's full length, but (as Hatti mentioned) only playable at 60p max.

In my opinion, recording at 120 frames per second is best for shooting something that you'll later want to show in slow motion, and I honestly don't know what you or anyone would do with a clip that's produced at 120fps unless it's going to be slowed down later. That's too fast for the eye to see, and I don't think anything played back much beyond 60fps is helpful.

Short answer: Go back to producing 1920x1080/60p. You can still record at 120fps, which you can slow down in PD if you want to show a replay of something in slow mo. Otherwise, PD will basicaly just ignore the extra frames when producing.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote That's frustrating, and the problem might be with 120fps, but I'm not 100% certain.

I just made a 4 min test video with your exact production settings and it turned out fine on YT. It's full length, but (as Hatti mentioned) only playable at 60p max.

In my opinion, recording at 120 frames per second is best for shooting something that you'll later want to show in slow motion, and I honestly don't know what you or anyone would do with a clip that's produced at 120fps unless it's going to be slowed down later. That's too fast for the eye to see, and I don't think anything played back much beyond 60fps is helpful.

Short answer: Go back to producing 1920x1080/60p. You can still record at 120fps, which you can slow down in PD if you want to show a replay of something in slow mo. Otherwise, PD will basicaly just ignore the extra frames when producing.

Theres no option for 1920x1080/60p see my screenshot ---> http://prntscr.com/lq91pe
if i choose 30p it gives the video a 29.9 screenshot ---> http://prntscr.com/lq93e2

I've used the 120p option for the past year, i had no idea that the 120p stood for 120fps or framerate,
and all my vids since i chose that option have been 1080p60
If i choose the 1920x1080/30p/16mbps will i still get the 1080p60HD on my vids?

All i wanted for my videos is highest quality possible so i chose 120p and had no issues in the past year,
but not uploading for a month, just took a break, and the video gets cut short, which makes no sense because
i took 3 weeks off to a month before and came back without issues.

You can see what types of videos i record and upload linked on my first OP, their all gaming videos.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can create a custom MP4 with a 60p frame rate (this post has more details), or you can click on the MP4 box and select M2TS instead, which has a built-in 1920x1080/60p profile. That's what I use for my YT videos.

Try producing to one of these and see if the video plays properly on YT. Maybe produce a shorter range first to test without such a long upload time. You can mark the video as unlisted so nobody else will see it.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote You can create a custom MP4 with a 60p frame rate (this post has more details), or you can click on the MP4 box and select M2TS instead, which has a built-in 1920x1080/60p profile. That's what I use for my YT videos.

Try producing to one of these and see if the video plays properly on YT. Maybe produce a shorter range first to test without such a long upload time. You can mark the video as unlisted so nobody else will see it.

Neat never knew you could do that, a question what does the 28mbps mean? Megabytes per second?
and what does that correlate too?
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
MegaBits per second. Roughly said, thats the amount of data, that is written to each frame. The higher, the better quality.
The recommendation of Youtube is a little low in my opinion. They recommend 15 mbps for FullHD. I always used 18-20 mbps, depending on the video.

Hatti

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 04. 2018 12:22

Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080