Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Patch 2314 SVRT Issues
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The new 2314 patch has fixed the SVRT issue where any assets other than another video clip added to the timeline would cause it not to work. This has created a new problem. The indicators are that any assets like Transitions, PiP objects, Particles, Slideshow, Image, and different type of video clips added to the timeline will not be rendered. See the attached screenshot. This workload reduced data is entirely wrong. Only fx added will need to be rendered. See the Attached screenshot.

Has anyone been able to get SVRT to work properly or the workload reduced data to indicate proper numbers in PD17?
[Thumb - PD17 SVRT issues.jpg]
 Filename
PD17 SVRT issues.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
No assets need to be rendered with SVRT.
 Filesize
453 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
83 time(s)
[Post New]
Quote The new 2314 patch has fixed the SVRT issue where any assets other than another video clip added to the timeline would cause it not to work. This has created a new problem. The indicators are that any assets like Transitions, PiP objects, Particles, Slideshow, Image, and different type of video clips added to the timeline will not be rendered. See the attached screenshot. This workload reduced data is entirely wrong. Only fx added will need to be rendered. See the Attached screenshot.

Has anyone been able to get SVRT to work properly or the workload reduced data to indicate proper numbers in PD17?

Agreed.

In addition, SVRT fails to recognize very obvious common files and therefore subject to "smart rendering".
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have done some testing of PD17 SVRT as it relates to my present use of it. The SVRT behavior is very important to create a BD that is playable in a Sony and other standalone BD players. It did not matter in the past when I used PowerDVD in a HTPC. Every video glitch or error, a by product of SVRT used incorrectly (Allow…in Prefs/Produce) would freeze and lockup the Sony standalone player but plays great on PowerDVD as it plays right thru all those glitches seen. Performed a series of test on two video clips butted together on a timeline with assets (fx, PiP, Particle, Title, Image). Place the asset on the track below the first clip at the beginning and then at the end of the 1st clip. Produce and find the encoding times are that cpu encoding starting at the time of the asset to the end of the first clip. 2nd clip is copied.

Transition placed between two clips – 1st clip is copied until the transition. The transition and 2nd clip is cpu encoded.

Created a BD and it works fine. Produce time tests on the above clips and trimming in the 1st clip show that the SVRT behavior is working well as expected.

The SVRT track Red and Green indications for when Video rendering not required is wrong and the Workload Reduced percentages are incorrect in a project with many video clips instead of just two video clips as shown in the attachment.

Started support ticket: CS001966792 .
[Thumb - PD17 SVRT issues1.jpg]
 Filename
PD17 SVRT issues1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Transition added in this project.
 Filesize
420 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
55 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2018 15:47

pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
Every now & then I think about "upgrading" to PD17 (from 15). Not that I need to - I just think about buying the latest & "greatest." (Typical American, I guess.) And too, now that the Moderator closed the stand alone PD15 discussion thread and folded it into the Previous Versions thread, it appears that there won't be any more patches for PD15.

However, after seeing the problems with PD17, I have to wonder if it's really an upgrade to the greatest?
mikey142 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2018 19:34 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Every now & then I think about "upgrading" to PD17 (from 15). Not that I need to - I just think about buying the latest & "greatest." (Typical American, I guess.) And too, now that the Moderator closed the stand alone PD15 discussion thread and folded it into the Previous Versions thread, it appears that there won't be any more patches for PD15.

However, after seeing the problems with PD17, I have to wonder if it's really an upgrade to the greatest?

I guess if it works for you then why bother upgrading? I upgraded because 16 and 17 added a few features which made it closer to a full on editor like premiere pro.

You see, Premiere Pro and FCP etc, they keep getting updates and new features every other day. For PD to keep up, it needs to match some of those fancy stuff offered by Adobe.