Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT Curiosity
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Turned on the SVRT track out of curiosity as I had just made minimal cuts to an mp4 imported in PD16 and it showed as green throughout, great I thought, this will be quick to Produce. Output format is the same as input, mp4 at the same frame rate. etc.

However - you already knew this was coming - when I get to Produce, I cannot clickset the SVRT button, it just will not come on. I can turn on and off "Fast video rendering technology" but obviously no point in doing that. I do have Hardware video encoder set permanently on but I guess thats because my video card supports NVENC and with the new drivers I installed the other day PD16 can now see my video card can help encoding.

So with SVRT indicating we have no need to re-render (thats what I assume) I don't seem to be able to take advantage, and it still seems to re-encode the piece.

I'm not sure I understand whats going on. Not a major issue as the piece is just under 2 minutes, and it renders in less time that its taking me to type this.

So I would appreciate if someone more expert than I could explain where I am thinking wrong, so to speak.

Thanks,
Alan.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
That sounds to me, that you try to activate the SVRT button in the "Fast video rendering technology". That does not work. As far as I know, you have to create a SVRT profile on the producing tab. See screenshot.
And believe me: That is NOT intelligent. Maybe smart, but not intelligent.

Hatti
[Thumb - Unbenannt.JPG]
 Filename
Unbenannt.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
SVRT Profile
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That sounds to me, that you try to activate the SVRT button in the "Fast video rendering technology". That does not work. As far as I know, you have to create a SVRT profile on the producing tab. See screenshot.
And believe me: That is NOT intelligent. Maybe smart, but not intelligent.

Hatti

Ok thanks for that Hatti - seems like a lot of trouble with dubious benefits - seems like I underestimated what was involved and for such a small and rare benefit I think I will pass on. Thank you anyway.

Regards
Alan
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alan

It's actually very simple and in many cases, you're only going to click once to run the Profile Analyzer and then once more to select the Intelligent SVRT profile:

Hatti is correct to say that sometimes the exact match isn't available and you'll be prompted to create a new profile, but even that is a one-time event and you'll be able to effortlessly use SVRT from that point on.

IMHO, it's at least worth giving it a try since an existing profile = no additional work + major production speedup.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°