Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Custom SRT subtitles
Vanda One [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 08, 2018 04:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ,

I just upgraded to PowerDVD 18 Ultra and I have a question : when watching the movies on my desktop I am able to costumize the subtitles like size, font and color but when cast the movie to Fire TV or Chromecast on my TV the subtitles can´t be customized ? or it is a bug ?

Best

Vanda
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I would think that once the video is passed to Fire TV, Fire TV would handle the subtitle settings. But I may be wrong. Are there any such settings with these devices?

I don't have either of those devices, so I can test. Will try on my Apple TV later if I remember.

Maybe ask customer support to confirm?

Dave
Vanda One [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 08, 2018 04:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

I would think that once the video is passed to Fire TV, Fire TV would handle the subtitle settings. But I may be wrong. Are there any such settings with these devices?

I don't have either of those devices, so I can test. Will try on my Apple TV later if I remember.

Maybe ask customer support to confirm?

Dave

Hi Dave

Thank you for your help, Chromecast and FireTV can´t handle the subtitle settings. I already contact costumer support and they answered to my question:"

" Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support
With reference to your query, please be advised that
subtitle settings in TV Mode of PowerDVD 18 is disabled. You may want to
check for the user manuals of PowerDVD 18 by visiting the link below.
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd-ultra/userguide_en_US.html "
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
It doesn't work on Apple TV either. I guess it is not supported. Maybe reply to them and ask them to add in future version.

Dave