Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu and attaching chapters
Glenis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2008 23:59 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I am having problems with Menu and attaching chapters.
In preview mode the Menu's should show is that correct?
All looks good in Modify and chapters are all set up when I view chapters
I had no trouble in Power Director 7 with chapters attaching to menu and I wonder why you change things. I am finding this part of Director 8 impossible and have spent DAYS on trying to burn disk with chapters
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Glenis -

So - your chapters are marked & your menu designed... yes? I may be missing something, but I cannot understand what the problem is.

Can you please give some more information... exactly what doesn't seem to be working?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Glenis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you so much. When I go to print disc it either prints without chapters and a lot of time crashes or does not print at all.
Re Menu Preferences. When I click on preferred menu to attach chapters do I click on Apply to All pages? The Chapter Menu on the right does not highlight so I just apply the Root Menu then go onto Disc Preferences click on a chapter menu so it is viewing on screen then go back into Menue Preferences and the click on the preferred menu and the right side - chapter menu is highlighted. I think this area could be my problem so if you could describe how to attach a menu with chapters that would be a great help for starters. By the way how do I get rid of First Play as the button to get rid of it is not highlighted beside it.?
Glenis [Avatar]
[Post New]
As I didn't get a reply I wonder if you did not understand my reply!.

I attach chapters before I go to select Menu so can't see why I am having problems. Perhaps there is a problem with how I select a menu?
Your suggestions please on correct way to select menu with chapters would help
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Glenis -

To be honest, I was a bit confused - I couldn't work out what was going wrong for you... or even what you were trying to do.

While I'm working on an answer, have you watched this video tutorial? It's about PD7, but much of it still applies...

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=CyberLinkChannel#play/uploads/37/jOPlhOWdVSU

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27. 2009 23:46

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Glenis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Many thanks Tony but I did not have any problems with Power Director 7 menu. Made so many without problems at all. Watched the video but did not solve my problem. Selecting the menu is different in 8. I will have yet another go at it and get back to you

Cheers
Glenis