Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remove a blending effect
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All

Here's an easy question that's got me baffled. How do you remove a blending effect once it's in place on a clip?

Thanks for your help

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
One way is to highlight the blending effects on the lower tracks and drag them to the trash can or just hit the delete key on the keyboard.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi All

Here's an easy question that's got me baffled. How do you remove a blending effect once it's in place on a clip?

Thanks for your help

Robert

Select the effect, if visible, then press delete button or press the trash can button
If not visible, then choose the button "effect", that appears, if a clip with an effect is selected. Select the effect that you want to remove and press the minus-Button below the list.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Select the effect, if visible, then press delete button or press the trash can button
If not visible, then choose the button "effect", that appears, if a clip with an effect is selected. Select the effect that you want to remove and press the minus-Button below the list.

Hatti

That works only if he used a blend effect from the fx room. If he used the Tools | Blending Effect, then tomasc has the answer.

I didn't think to check the lower tracks, either! In a complex project, they're well off the screen and I was initially stuck just like The Shadowman was. I actually found a way to remove the effects' placement code from the PDS file, but deleting them from the lower tracks is SOOO much easier! foot-in-mouth

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

That works only if he used a blend effect from the fx room. If he used the Tools | Blending Effect, then tomasc has the answer.

I didn't think to check the lower tracks, either! In a complex project, they're well off the screen and I was initially stuck just like The Shadowman was. I actually found a way to remove the effects' placement code from the PDS file, but deleting them from the lower tracks is SOOO much easier! foot-in-mouth

Do you know that I have only today realised that when you place a blending effect into a clip it is also placed on a lower track.

So thank you all for your help.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,