Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to redownload power director 16 ultra
tonyrl50 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2015 10:35 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I recently purchased power director 16 ultra like a few weeks ago and my hard drive crashed and don't have the download email for everything.
Why doesn't cyber link have pd16 anywhere on there site to redownload?? My account only shows my product keys but no where to download it. Thanks for the help.
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
tonyrl50:

Welcome to the Cyberlink Forums. You will have to contact Cyberlink Tech Support, with proof of purchase and they will provide you with another download link.

It is recommended that when you download the various installation files, that you back up the installation files to a DVD or other media, so that in the event that you do have computer issues, you can easily reinstall the program yourself.

I hope this helps. Good luck, and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
tonyrl50 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote tonyrl50:

Welcome to the Cyberlink Forums. You will have to contact Cyberlink Tech Support, with proof of purchase and they will provide you with another download link.

It is recommended that when you download the various installation files, that you back up the installation files to a DVD or other media, so that in the event that you do have computer issues, you can easily reinstall the program yourself.

I hope this helps. Good luck, and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

I have sent them an email and my proof of purchase is my name and email as I purchased it from there store and have account with them. They haven't replied back. So why isn't there a download link on there website for any of there previous versions of power director?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Each supplier will, no doubt, have their own reasons for choosing their preferred method of securing their software distribution, perhaps bandwidth, perhaps server configuration or just cost?

CL currently use a time limited download link, rather than an account based download.

Whichever case, many experienced users take to storing their downloaded installation files somewhere secure, on or off site, so that they are availble under their own control. Even account based remote storage can suffer glitches from time to time!!

If you raise the issue with Customer Support, giving all the purchase details etc. then once they can valiadate your purchase they should be able to provide you with a new download link so that you can access all the installation files.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
EDIT: I was writing this while the Mod was posting, and they beat me to saying basically the same thing!

This seems to be company policy. This FAQ directly addresses the issue of how long the download link is available.

I'm sure you'll hear back from them shortly, and when you are able to download the product again, please make sure you keep a copy in a safe place, like an external USB/thumb drive or the cloud.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19. 2018 14:50

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tonyrl50 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Each supplier will, no doubt, have their own reasons for choosing their preferred method of securing their software distribution, perhaps bandwidth, perhaps server configuration or just cost?

CL currently use a time limited download link, rather than an account based download.

Whichever case, many experienced users take to storing their downloaded installation files somewhere secure, on or off site, so that they are availble under their own control. Even account based remote storage can suffer glitches from time to time!!

If you raise the issue with Customer Support, giving all the purchase details etc. then once they can valiadate your purchase they should be able to provide you with a new download link so that you can access all the installation files.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks for the info. I guess all I can do is wait for there reply then. I will follow your recommendation and save the files to a thumb drive.
tonyrl50 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote EDIT: I was writing this while the Mod was posting, and they beat me to saying basically the same thing!

This seems to be company policy. This FAQ directly addresses the issue of how long the download link is available.

I'm sure you'll hear back from them shortly, and when you are able to download the product again, please make sure you keep a copy in a safe place, like an external USB/thumb drive or the cloud.

Thank you
musicturtle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2018 23:49 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same issue so I put in a support request to customer service. It took them a couple of days but they contacted me with links to re-download.

I made a back up copy first thing this time. Live and learn I guess.