Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ColorDirector4 Preview Video Weird Color
Pauly G [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2017 10:34 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]

That may be a clue. Could you look at the << READ ME >> post at the top of the forum and post the DxDiag results of your laptop?

Pauly G, it would be helpful if you could do that as well to see if there might be a driver issue here.

Like everyone else on this thread, I have no problems viewing Pauly G's clip in PD or CD. I've produced it to WMV and HEVC, and it would be interesting if either of you saw the same artifacts when using a different codec. Both files are in this OneDrive folder for downloading.

Here is my DXDIAG saved info.
 Filename
Paul G DXDIAG.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Pauly G DXDIAG info
 Filesize
101 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1376 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Here is my DXDIAG saved info.

Thanks very much for posting that! Your Intel 520 video drivers are over a year old and there's a decent chance that a newer driver will help.

Please use the download link in this thread, and also read the last 2 posts to see the versions that worked better for other members. Let us know what happens with a more recent driver.
Pauly G [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks very much for posting that! Your Intel 520 video drivers are over a year old and there's a decent chance that a newer driver will help.

Please use the download link in this thread, and also read the last 2 posts to see the versions that worked better for other members. Let us know what happens with a more recent driver.

There is no new driver available for my PC, its up to date. I have no issue with PD15, it works perfect. My issue is with CD4.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There is no new driver available for my PC, its up to date..

That might be what happens if you try to update the driver using Device Manager or Windows Update, but if you look at the Intel webpage for the HD Graphics 520, you can see the newest driver was released just a couple days ago. Yours is dated Oct 17, 2017.

We all know the problem you're having is with CD4 and not with PD, but nobody can duplicate your issue so we're trying to give you the best advice we have.

A couple of posts back I posted a OneDrive link that had two re-encodes of your original clip. Did/could you download them and see if CD4 behaves any differently with them? Doing that and updating your video driver about the only things left to try as far as I can see.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01. 2018 19:33

Pauly G [Avatar]
[Post New]

That might be what happens if you try to update the driver using Device Manager or Windows Update, but if you look at the Intel webpage for the HD Graphics 520, you can see the newest driver was released just a couple days ago. Yours is dated Oct 17, 2017.

We all know the problem you're having is with CD4 and not with PD, but nobody can duplicate your issue so we're trying to give you the best advice we have.

A couple of posts back I posted a OneDrive link that had two re-encodes of your original clip. Did/could you download them and see if CD4 behaves any differently with them? Doing that and updating your video driver about the only things left to try as far as I can see.

Hey.
I did exactly what you just mentioned used the Intel page and it was up to date. I downloaded the videos from the OneDrive and the same thing happened.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Hey.
I did exactly what you just mentioned used the Intel page and it was up to date. I downloaded the videos from the OneDrive and the same thing happened.

Ok. Trying the clips rules out a codec issue. Could you run DxDiag again and attach it? It would be nice to know if anything changed.
Pauly G [Avatar]
[Post New]

Ok. Trying the clips rules out a codec issue. Could you run DxDiag again and attach it? It would be nice to know if anything changed.
 Filename
DxDiag PaulyG.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
100 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1208 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks very much! I just noticed two odd things.

On that Intel page, there is a just-released driver but that says it's for several product generations. Underneath that driver is the one for just your 520 generation, and it was dated 11 Dec 2017.

Now, your new DxDiag results show that a driver dated 10 June 2018 is installed, which doesn't match either date, but it is newer than the one in your original attachment.

The other thing I noticed (and completely missed the first time) is that your laptop also has a Radeon R5 M330 GPU. Not by coincidence, I'm guessing, its driver is also dated 10 June 2018. EDIT: The Radeon driver was at the same version in the original DxDiag report, so only the Intel 520 driver was updated, even though the message said that you're already up to date

The Radeon is listed as a "render-only device" and now I'm wondering what would happen if you opened up Device Manager, expanded Display Adapters and disabled it. You'll have to reboot, but then see what happens with CD4.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01. 2018 20:10

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Pauly G [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks very much! I just noticed two odd things.

On that Intel page, there is a just-released driver but that says it's for several product generations. Underneath that driver is the one for just your 520 generation, and it was dated 11 Dec 2017.

Now, your new DxDiag results show that a driver dated 10 June 2018 is installed, which doesn't match either date, but it is newer than the one in your original attachment.

The other thing I noticed (and completely missed the first time) is that your laptop also has a Radeon R5 M330 GPU. Not by coincidence, I'm guessing, its driver is also dated 10 June 2018. EDIT: The Radeon driver was at the same version in the original DxDiag report, so only the Intel 520 driver was updated, even though the message said that you're already up to date

The Radeon is listed as a "render-only device" and now I'm wondering what would happen if you opened up Device Manager, expanded Display Adapters and disabled it. You'll have to reboot, but then see what happens with CD4.

I disabled the Radeon, but unfortunatley nothing happened.
Really appreciate all this help too by the way.
optodata
[Post New]
I guess I'm out of ideas here. Someone probably should have steered you over to Cyberlink Tech Support a ways back, but I think it's definitely time to start now.

Here's the support link, and be sure to copy the URL of this thread when you write up the issue so they'll be able to review all the details and the things you've tried. They don't typically monitor the forum, and I've heard it helps if you post the CS number here once you've submitted the request.

I sure hope they can figure it out!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Pauly G [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I guess I'm out of ideas here. Someone probably should have steered you over to Cyberlink Tech Support a ways back, but I think it's definitely time to start now.

Here's the support link, and be sure to copy the URL of this thread when you write up the issue so they'll be able to review all the details and the things you've tried. They don't typically monitor the forum, and I've heard it helps if you post the CS number here once you've submitted the request.

I sure hope they can figure it out!

Thanks for that link here is the CS number 001960963
Harmen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 01, 2018 15:29 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]

That may be a clue. Could you look at the << READ ME >> post at the top of the forum and post the DxDiag results of your laptop?

Pauly G, it would be helpful if you could do that as well to see if there might be a driver issue here.

Like everyone else on this thread, I have no problems viewing Pauly G's clip in PD or CD. I've produced it to WMV and HEVC, and it would be interesting if either of you saw the same artifacts when using a different codec. Both files are in this OneDrive folder for downloading.

Here is mine. I'l have a look at the files on your OneDrive.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
85 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1248 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Here is mine. I'l have a look at the files on your OneDrive.

OK. Your system seems to be up-to-date, but the Windows Error Reports at the end of the report show several PD17 and even more Windows Defender crashes.

Since your problem is actually with PD, I'd suggest two things here: First, uninstall PD17, and then follow the steps listed in this post to see if Windows might be able to repair any damaged/corrupted system files.

Once that's done, reboot and the try reinstalling PD17 and see if that helps with the issue. If it's still present, you should contact Tech Support like Pauly G has done.
Harmen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 01, 2018 15:29 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]

OK. Your system seems to be up-to-date, but the Windows Error Reports at the end of the report show several PD17 and even more Windows Defender crashes.

Since your problem is actually with PD, I'd suggest two things here: First, uninstall PD17, and then follow the steps listed in this post to see if Windows might be able to repair any damaged/corrupted system files.

Once that's done, reboot and the try reinstalling PD17 and see if that helps with the issue. If it's still present, you should contact Tech Support like Pauly G has done.

This didn't resolve my problem so I'll contact support.