Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Background Music within Cyberlink Powerdirector 17
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]

I uploaded a video 21 April 2019 with It's All Over, so called free to use 365 BGM and was flagged for copyright. CyberLink you need to do a better job for us me thinks when it comes to your 365 subscription, in my opinion. Not impressed.
Did you read the thread? Copyright issues affect everybody and this case Youtube’s system makes false flags, simply file a dispute. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Did you read the thread? Copyright issues affect everybody and this case Youtube’s system makes false flags, simply file a dispute.

Would be better for all concerned if we didn't have to waist our time with disputes. CyberLink and YouTube should be working to iron this out. Not simply filing a dispute.

Why am I spend money on a subscription when CyberLInk should have known this item was a problem and taken steps to clear it up. Show me this has happened? Even the moderator hasn't much to say about it.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
We are almost all volunteers and cannot give you any definitive answer on why the music is being flagged.
I would put forward that YouTube has upwards of six million channels, and 300 hours of video are uploaded every minute in countries all over the globe. Many of those videos have music, and many songs may be in multiple languages over the years, and different versions by dozens or hundreds of artists. And...with a limited number of chords many songs sound very similar. Good luck keeping track with no mistakes. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote We are almost all volunteers and cannot give you any definitive answer on why the music is being flagged.
I would put forward that YouTube has upwards of six million channels, and 300 hours of video are uploaded every minute in countries all over the globe. Many of those videos have music, and many songs may be in multiple languages over the years, and different versions by dozens or hundreds of artists. And...with a limited number of chords many songs sound very similar. Good luck keeping track with no mistakes.

I hear you. Looks like I can down load YouTube free music & load it onto my video and then upload using CyberLink or YouTube upload. No hassel with copyright issues that I can tell. If YouTube have the staff to police the copyright issue. Then YouTube should also have the software to show free to use via Cyberlink. Companies need to talk to each other, but that won't happen.

Thanks for your response.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Tess Ting's been wasting her time again.

All 20 tracks from two CyberLink collections - Children's Party & Oriental Sounds - were uploaded to YouTube.

Of the 10 Children's Party tracks, a staggering 8 were flagged for copyright. One of those was released immediately after disputes were filed.

Of the 10 Oriental Sounds tracks, 6 were flagged. Disputes have been submitted.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
micmcc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2019 11:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same question for me.

Additionally, when challenging the claim on Youtube, I need to supply a reason. It is not clear to me what the actual rights are (if any) through PD.

Below in italics is what YouTube is asking when I challenge the claim. the choices are exclusive of eachother. I am thinking either 1 or 5 but I don't what the licensing is.

Kind of a useless feature to offer this music if we can't use it. Not really worth the hassle for me to be in filing challeges on all of my videos.

By the way, Youtube has free music for creators. I will likely be switching to this.
https://www.audiolibrary.com.co/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCht8qITGkBvXKsR1Byln-wA

I believe this copyright claim is not valid because:

• I own the CD / DVD or bought the song online.[/list][/list]
    • I'm not selling the video or making any money from it.[/list][/list]
    • I gave credit in the video.[/list][/list]
    • The video is my original content and I own all of the rights to it.[/list][/list]
    • I have a license or permission from the proper rights holder to use this material.[/list][/list]
    • My use of the content meets the legal requirements for fair use or fair dealing under applicable copyright laws.[/list][/list]
    • The content is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.[/list]
[/list]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2019 11:45

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Same question for me.

Additionally, when challenging the claim on Youtube, I need to supply a reason. It is not clear to me what the actual rights are (if any) through PD.

Below in italics is what YouTube is asking when I challenge the claim. the choices are exclusive of eachother. I am thinking either 1 or 5 but I don't what the licensing is.

The appropriate answer is #5. #1 doesn't give you any rights to use the material. If you are being challenged by AdRev, they have a responsive team who will get the issue resolved within a couple of days, if not hours. Simply click on Submit a request here.

If you need to supply a link to the license, you can use this for PD17 (the relevent section is "* USE OF MEDIA CONTENT LICENSED BY THIRD PARTIES", about 2/3 of the way down the page).

Another great source of free music is forum member Eric Matyas and you shouldn't ever be challenged by anyone for using his music
micmcc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2019 11:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for this. I really appreciate it!

The appropriate answer is #5. #1 doesn't give you any rights to use the material. If you are being challenged by AdRev, they have a responsive team who will get the issue resolved within a couple of days, if not hours. Simply click on Submit a request here.

If you need to supply a link to the license, you can use this for PD17 (the relevent section is "* USE OF MEDIA CONTENT LICENSED BY THIRD PARTIES", about 2/3 of the way down the page).

Another great source of free music is forum member Eric Matyas and you shouldn't ever be challenged by anyone for using his music
redamber [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2019 15:41 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Do we need to give credit in the description for any music downloaded from Power Director? Wondering if entering any info would help stop the false claims.

Just got one and disputed as YNOTFISH had done 100 times

Thinking AdRev is being too aggressive not youtube but don't really understand the system.

Copyrighted content: Boogaloo (a)-14016Claimed by: AdRev for Rights Holder and AdRev for a 3rd Party
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Do we need to give credit in the description for any music downloaded from Power Director? Wondering if entering any info would help stop the false claims.

Just got one and disputed as YNOTFISH had done 100 times

Thinking AdRev is being too aggressive not youtube but don't really understand the system.

Copyrighted content: Boogaloo (a)-14016Claimed by: AdRev for Rights Holder and AdRev for a 3rd Party

It doesn't matter one way or the other. The bots scouring YT hit on a match and don't consider the comments (at least, they hadn't done so in the past).

All you need to do is follow the instructions for AdRev in my last post and submit a request. It should be cleared very quickly with no additional work on your part.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2019 02:00

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
It's now been 30 days since the videos containing music from Children's Party & Oriental Sounds - were flagged on YouTube.

All copyright claims have lapsed. The claimant has 20 days to respond to a dispute. If they fail to do that, they lose their claim.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2019 14:52

ynotfish
[Post New]
Recently released background music for PDR 365 -WanderLust Music - has been tested on YouTube.

Of the 10 tracks, 4 were flagged & the claims were disputed. The flagged tracks were:

Get Ready for London
Light and Happy
Through My Eyes
Travelling Free

Anyone following this thread will know what the outcome will be.

Cheers - Tony
BlairC [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Florida, US Joined: Dec 10, 2013 18:37 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi MichelleC & tomasc -

A while back, the same thing was under discussion. At the time I posted some videos containing background music to check whether they'd get copyright notifications.

Since then, my alter-ego "Tess Ting" has been busy posting videos with PDR17 background music. These include about 110 tracks available in the perpetual & 365 versions. .....

Based on that, my advice is to file a dispute for anything that's flagged... then just sit out the 30 days -maybe it's 28 - and it'll be a thing of the past.

Cheers - Tony

Hi ynotfish,

Your posts about YouTube video disputed copywrite content being challenged is great. But YouTube's claim dispute process is pretty confusing.

What process did you use to dispute the claims so we have a better chance of succes like you had?

1. Once I clicked dispute I had to check "My dispute isn't based on any of the reasons above. I would still like to dispute
    this Content ID claim"

2. That brought me here and noted the specific music used; "FestivalAudio claim, Copyright owners: AdRev Publishing, AdRev for a 3rd Party",

So I have to select one of the following:

1. Original content: The video is my original content and I own all the rights to it.

2. License: I have permission or a license to use the content claimed in my video.

3. Fair use: I have significantly transformed the content claimed in my video; the video is protected by fair use, fair dealing, or similar exceptions to copyright.

4. Public domain: The content claimed in my video is in the public domain and is no longer protected by copyright.

Which are we to choose if we have to further dispute eventually showing that we have rights to the music via Cyberlink?

If you can answer for us it would be pretty huge to post that for the rest of us thaat arre being affected by this nonsense.

Thank you!
BlairC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi ynotfish,

Your posts about YouTube video disputed copywrite content being challenged is great. But YouTube's claim dispute process is pretty confusing.

What process did you use to dispute the claims so we have a better chance of succes like you had?
!

Others answered after I posted this so based on their suggestions here is what I just used for my claim dispute today, 2019-07-16;

Select “I have a license” then the following:

"End User License Agreement ("EULA") for CyberLink PowerDirector 17/365

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23377&prodId=4&prodVerId=-1&CategoryId=-1&keyword=copyright

* USE OF MEDIA CONTENT LICENSED BY THIRD PARTIES
You may use pictures, audio, video, thumbnails or other media content (media content), if any, provided in the SOFTWARE, which may be licensed from third parties, to demonstrate, complete or upload your work created by the use of the SOFTWARE to social media platforms; provided that you should not use the media content in any illegal, public performance or commercial or immoral manner, nor shall you grant your right to use to any third party."

So I will post again once this works or doesn't work.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote So I will post again once this works or doesn't work.

As I posted above, if you're getting the notice about AdRev it's very easy and much faster to use their resolution system. In every one of the dozen+ times I've used them, the flag was removed within 1 business day.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
BlairC [Avatar]
[Post New]

As I posted above, if you're getting the notice about AdRev it's very easy and much faster to use their resolution system. In every one of the dozen+ times I've used them, the flag was removed within 1 business day.

I appreciate that and your previous post but your provided link doesn't work. It goes here https://audiomicroinc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I appreciate that and your previous post but your provided link doesn't work. It goes here https://audiomicroinc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Hmm, the link works perfectly over here. Do you not get this page?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

BlairC [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hmm, the link works perfectly over here. Do you not get this page?

Yes that's it. I figured it must be the wrong page because it doesn't give any clue what it is there for.

The user can "submit a request" but without you saying I was at the right place I would never know it related to anything having to do with a music copywrite dispute resolution request.
optodata
[Post New]
I agree, and I don't know why the page is so intentionally vague, although I imagine it has something to do with how upset people can be when YT flags fully licensed content and they wanted to present a peaceful entry to their resolution portal.

YouTube/optodata

ynotfish
[Post New]
Tess Ting's been at it again.

Recently, CyberLink released a new music pack for PDR365 & PhD365. It's called Classical and it's broken the record in Tess Ting's testing so far.

Of the 10 tracks, 9 have been flagged on YouTube.

Disputes have been submitted & I guess the same thing will happen as before... & in about a month it'll all be a thing of the past. Ho hum.

Cheers - Tony
D-Workshop [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2019 02:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Final (almost) update on the background music issue...

In short: There's a 50% chance that the background music will receive a copyright notification on YouTube, but if you take a few minutes to file a dispute there's a 100% chance that it will be resolved in your favour.

Cheers - Tony

There is no 100% chance that it will be resolved in your favour. I've used Power Director background music in 2 of my videos and I have 4 claims, so I made 4 disputes. 3 are still waiting, 1 was rejected "Cannon in D".

Honestly I'm disappointed that Cyber Link didn't find some better solution. One of the reasons to take the subscribtion was the music, I think I'll just move to standard single license when my subscribtion is over, because I won't use the music it doesn't worth the troubles after.