Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Enhancing Vintage Movie/TV Footage Clips
ShemShem [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2017 15:14 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

What is the best way to enchance a video clip of a vintage movie or TV show. I'm looking to incorporate a small 10-second segment into my project and curious of the best tool/procedure on PD16 that I can use to enhance the old-style quality of that clip. Any feedback/advice is appreciated.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Put the clip on the timeline in your project, select it, and then click the Fix/Enhance button. The Enhance section is your best bet, and gives you full control over all enhancements applied.

David
ShemShem [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2017 15:14 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Put the clip on the timeline in your project, select it, and then click the Fix/Enhance button. The Enhance section is your best bet, and gives you full control over all enhancements applied.

David

Thanks for replying back. I did see that feature. I just wasn't sure if that was the "best" feature in PD16 to accomplish this. I will try it out. Appreciate it.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for replying back. I did see that feature. I just wasn't sure if that was the "best" feature in PD16 to accomplish this. I will try it out. Appreciate it.

It may also help if you could post a sample clip or a screenshot, or at least give us a better sense for what you're trying to fix.

There are lots of Cyberlink and NewBlue FX in the Effects room that help with lighting, color balance, saturation, smoothing, sharpening, etc., but it's kind of hard to say what will work "best" if we don't know what condition the clips are in, or what you're looking to improve.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
In addition to the in-house and New Blue FX, Boris has a few restoration tools in the FX room.
Wouldn't it be interesting if 64-bit VirtualDub could be ported from within PD? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT