Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
re-snapping for produce range
Islander [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2018 00:24 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
One function that comes in the way every time you render a range is to set the produce range. However I can't find a way to snap the IN or OUT edge of the range to the clip's edge and this is so frustrating.

Also, after I lock the range, how to know the time length of the range?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 29. 2018 02:23

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Here's a 30 sec vid which should answers all your questions:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Islander [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Here's a 30 sec vid which should answers all your questions:

The issue is not addressed at all.

I have checked the snapping function in the edit options.
The clips snaps to each other ok, but the produce range does not snap to clip edges.

Also AFTER locking the produce range, there's no where you can see the duration of range.

If these functions/features are not present in PD17 please convey the requests, as all I want is the betterment of the program not only for myself for for everyone else.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm sorry that my video doesn't seem to answer your issue.

Apparently, I was mistaken when I interpreted your question as you wanting to actually get the in/out markers exactly aligned with the clip edges, and that you wanted to actually read the duration of the marked (and then locked) range.

Now I understand that you were only looking for where those "functions/features" are in PD.

In that case, you are correct. They do not exist.

Enabling "Snap to clip" under preferences only applies to moving clips on the timeline, but it has no effect on where markers are placed. The duration shown when a section is marked does go away when you lock the range, and even though you can simply click on the locked range, unlock it to see the duration, and then lock it again, that function/feature you desire also seems to be non-existant.

Since none of these steps I've outlined will cause PD to have any of the functionality that you deem missing, perhaps you can make your needs known by requesting these additions in a future update.

By the way, other than the moderator, everyone on the forum is a volunteer and we have no inside access to Cyberlink. Please contact customer service directly and let them know your request.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31. 2018 20:30

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Islander [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok I see.

Now I'm trying to fing a section of the forum where you can post a feature request but there's none either,

I think Cyberlink should really add this to the forum. First hand feedback would be so helpful to improving their programs. Also moderators really need to have priviledged contact with the Cyberlink Team. So many successful and progressive softwares out there have thiese guidelines already in place.

Anyway, I hope the wise ear is listening.
BetoValle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2013 11:27 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I'm not a pd17 user, but maybe the link below can help
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16451&prodId=4&prodVerId=977&CategoryId=-1&keyword=

in the pd15 following its questioning, there is no specific function to solve this,
and maybe one way to save time is you put it as annotation
using the timeline marker.