Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Saving custom effects
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
I use an effect (blur) to obscure a particular area on footage sourced from my dashcam and whilst I can copy keyframe attributes then paste them to other clips requiring the same treatment, it also changes other parameters such as audio profile etc.

Can I create an effect thats special then save it as a custom effect, as this would save me making the mask and then applying it with undesirable side effects but would also save it permanently for all future projects.

I seem to think should be possible but I can't find out how.

Thanks in anticipation
Alan.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alan

What you're asking for sounds reasonable, and like you, the only way I know of to do that is to use copy keyframe attributes.

It's true that using that feature does copy many aspects from the original clip to the others - even other settings that have changed but that aren't actually keyframed - but I haven't seen any "random" changes copied over.

In other words, if the audio profile is changed on the copied-to clips, that strongly implies that you've previously made those same changes to the original clip.

If you start with a fresh clip and make the desired changes (again, I realize) and then copy the keyframe attributes, you shouldn't see any other changes on the clip(s) you copy them too. If you DO see an audio profile change when you've just re-created your desired effect on a clean clip, please post the details here and open a ticket with Cyberlink Tech Support.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Alan

What you're asking for sounds reasonable, and like you, the only way I know of to do that is to use copy keyframe attributes.

It's true that using that feature does copy many aspects from the original clip to the others - even other settings that have changed but that aren't actually keyframed - but I haven't seen any "random" changes copied over.

In other words, if the audio profile is changed on the copied-to clips, that strongly implies that you've previously made those same changes to the original clip.

If you start with a fresh clip and make the desired changes (again, I realize) and then copy the keyframe attributes, you shouldn't see any other changes on the clip(s) you copy them too. If you DO see an audio profile change when you've just re-created your desired effect on a clean clip, please post the details here and open a ticket with Cyberlink Tech Support.

Thank you for your reply - I agree entirely with your thoughts and yes in every case where the destination clip was copied to it is generally altered parameters that were unique to that clip. No changes to the destination clip were unexpected, it was just the unique parameters were unfortunately changed.

My practice now will be to do the "copy" and "paste" to every clip that needs the common blur mask - first thing. From then on any minor tweaks to said destination clips can take place but at leastt the global mask will be present where needed.

Thanks
Alan.