Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector Livestreams
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Hello PowerDirector Peeps!

I have livestreamed four PowerDirector videos on YouTube and the results have ben encouraging. Therefore I am officially announcing my entry into the livestreaming arena. Livestreams allow my YouTube subscribers to watch me real time while interacting with me and other viewers via chat. I'll try to do a livestream about every 4 to 6 weeks.

If you would like to participate in a livestream or just be a fly on the wall and watch as everything goes down you need to subscribe to my YouTube channel. Once you subcribe and opt in to notifications you will receive notifications with the dates and times of the next livestream and you will receive a notification on the day of the livestream.

So far I have covered a few interesting topics which can be seen on the PDU Livestream Playlist. If you have any ideas for livestream topics please feel free to leave them in this thread.

Thanks and I hope to see you online. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Livestream ideas....I'll go first. I would like to do a livestream with the CEO of CyberLink. Now it's your turn. What ideas do you have for my next livestream? Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I am all for it. They are 14 hours ahead over there. One party would have to stay up past the sleep time!! sealed
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I am all for it. They are 14 hours ahead over there. One party would have to stay up past the sleep time!! sealed

LOL! Sorry about that Tomas. You might have to watch the replay. smile Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent idea, Maliek, to interview the CEO and maybe the chief software developer. It would be good to understand what their plans are, and if and how they are listening to their customers, w.r.t. some of the technical issues out there. Maybe good to collect a list of questions. Such a thing would be good for Cyberlink too I would assume, platform to seapk up and explain and get buy in.

A livestream with other (profesional) video editors, (who may use PD)? But in general, how do they cope with the editing demands and to what extend do they have influence on what is being filmed and how. Also they may have some tricks and hints we can use (or you can use for you next tutorials)?

Keep up the good work!
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Excellent idea, Maliek, to interview the CEO and maybe the chief software developer. It would be good to understand what their plans are, and if and how they are listening to their customers, w.r.t. some of the technical issues out there. Maybe good to collect a list of questions. Such a thing would be good for Cyberlink too I would assume, platform to seapk up and explain and get buy in.

A livestream with other (profesional) video editors, (who may use PD)? But in general, how do they cope with the editing demands and to what extend do they have influence on what is being filmed and how. Also they may have some tricks and hints we can use (or you can use for you next tutorials)?

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Warry!

My initial plan for the PD interview is to:

• Select potential interviewees

• Draft interview questions (with a few of your suggestions above) based on interviewee title/position

• Reach out to CyberLink

• Provide draft interview questions

• Obtain approval

• Discuss logistics (live stream platform/tools, time, date, etc.)

• Schedule live stream

I love the idea of interviewing professional video editors. Thanks for your feedback.