Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Produce not converting pds to MP4
Steven DSR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2018 20:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
On the free version of CyberLink Media I had no problem converting the Video pds file to MP4 but unable to do it on the bought new version of CyberLink Media Suite 15. "Produce" is just producing another pds file ?????
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not quite sure what you're describing. You also may have posted in the wrong forum - this forum is for PowerDirector 15, which came out in 2016, so you shouldn't have just bought it. Maybe this link is the right forum for your question? https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/53.page

If this is the right forum, I'll start by saying that PowerDirector doesn't "convert" anything to or from PDS files. PD saves its projects as .PDS files (which stands for PowerDirector Script), and each project file contains a list of all the media clips you've added along with all of the instructions on how to process them according to your edits.

When you Produce a video, PD runs the project's script which then converts your timeline clips into whatever format you've selected, like MP4. There's no way it can "produce" any media clips to a PDS file, and it doesn't convert them into a PDS file before, during or after it produces your video.

I think it would help if you can post a screenshot or a screen recording of what's happening, and why you think PD isn't producing to MP4 the way you saw the trial version do.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 26. 2018 02:27

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°