Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transitional SFX
ShemShem [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2017 15:14 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

I'm searching and in need of a 3-5 second sfx for a video project that I'm looking to use to transitition between clips but to mostly "cover up" an imperfection in an audio (music) track. Although I attempted to edit and splice as best as possible the music track, there's this imperfection that isn't quite noticeable, but noticeable enough by me. Just looking for some sort of "wind whoosh" or other similar idea to help cover up that imperfection between video clips. I appreciate any feedback or advise.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Have you looked at the post directly above yours?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Hello ShemShem,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

Optodata's question is a reasonable one. In fact, Eric does have a small collection of wind sounds available.

In fact, I'm surprised you had any difficulty finding freely available SFX. There's a plethora of sites.

From my own collection of "whoosh" sounds, I've zipped a few that I thought might work in your circumstance (attached). For file size purposes, I produced them as .mp3. The originals are .wav

PIX
 Filename
Whoosh.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
593 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
324 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
ShemShem [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2017 15:14 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello ShemShem,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

Optodata's question is a reasonable one. In fact, Eric does have a small collection of wind sounds available.

In fact, I'm surprised you had any difficulty finding freely available SFX. There's a plethora of sites.

From my own collection of "whoosh" sounds, I've zipped a few that I thought might work in your circumstance (attached). For file size purposes, I produced them as .mp3. The originals are .wav

PIX

Thanks for your assistance on this. After I posted this in forum I did search the Internet and found some useful resources. Although I've been using PowerDirector for a while, I haven't had a need for audio resources such as this. I thought there were tools for such SFX built into the software but never looked into it. Thanks again for your time and response back.