Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR crashes on entering the Produce Room - workaround fix.
Topo8 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2018 00:18 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm very disapointed with PDR 16, less than a year I got PDR16 it stoped working. An there is no official update to fix this issue.
I just downloaded free Shotcut and it works with out issues, that save me for the holydays but wonder if we are going to get a fix or should I start considering other editors.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PowerDirector 16:
Hotfix removed, as latest PowerDirector patch nullifies it. Please see this workaround instead:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23900

PowerDirector Moderator

Topo8 - did you not see that solution has been posted above?

If you've downloaded and installed the older Intel driver and you're still having trouble, please follow the instructions in the Read Me Before Posting thread and reply here, or better yet, start a new thread just for your issue.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 30. 2018 18:37

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Losvigos [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Switzerland Joined: Mar 10, 2018 05:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

If you've downloaded and installed the older Intel driver and you're still having trouble, please follow the instructions in the Read Me Before Posting thread and reply here, or better yet, start a new thread just for your issue.

Thank you!
Finally PDR 16 works again.
Topo8 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2018 00:18 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

1. Download and install the Intel graphics driver version 24.20.100.6194 from the Intel download center:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27892/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=98909
2. Once installed, reboot Windows.
3. Do not restore the Intel graphics driver to the version that is offered in the Windows update.

Thanks so much it works again,
what is the isue with the new intel drivers?
rhemazoe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 28, 2014 10:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
SOLVED!!!! -- I read a great deal and tried everything I read. The biggest issue seamed to be that there was a conflict with my display driver. I attempted updating that driver in several ways (automatic, manual, online search with download and install) but none of that worked. It said I already had the most current driver or that driver is not compatible.

Here's how I solved it. I ROLLED BACK THE DRIVER to the previous driver. This immediately sovled the crash when you click Produce button. I'm burning 18 DVD's as I type.

To do this, type "device manager" in the search box by the Windows logo. Double click Device Manager. Double click display adapters. Double click your display adapter (mine was Intel HD Graphics 520). Click Driver tab. Click "Roll Back".

SOLVED!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote To do this, type "device manager" in the search box by the Windows logo. Double click Device Manager. Double click display adapters. Double click your display adapter (mine was Intel HD Graphics 520). Click Driver tab. Click "Roll Back".

SOLVED!

Thanks for posting what worked for you! I think it might have been that your latest version wasn't version 25.20.100.6444 or newer (one of the new DCH driver versions released starting Nov 28, 2018).

I mention this because according to Intel's DCH driver support site, rolling back to a "legacy" driver from a DCH driver is not recommended because of system stability issues, and they say you should uninstall the new driver like a regular program.

However, if anyone else is still encountering this problem and your installed driver version starts with 15.40. (like the current 15.40.42.5063 version from Mar 2019), then it's not the newer DCH version, and rolling back is a good option.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°