Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can PhotoDirector 9 Ultra REMOVE Lens Flare
Johnny5 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2017 19:29 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I tried doing a search, but I'm not very good at it, hence this post.

I've got a picture with a large and unsightly redish purple lens flare near the sun and I'm hoping that it can be removed with Photo Director 9 Ultra.

Can it?

Thanks in advance!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Not to my knowledge. We don't have your photo to see. I have corrected photos with lens flare in the past. This photo came from a google search for lens flare example: https://www.bestphotosworld.com/lensflare-women-portraits/ . Used the Gradient mask, Adjusted exposure, contrast, and then saturation/Purple -50. My own photos are not this bad. Hope this helps.

EDIT: You may be able to remove the lens flare in your photo with Content Aware removal or Cloning depending on what it looks like. It is worth a try.
[Thumb - woman-lens-flare-3.jpg]
 Filename
woman-lens-flare-3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Original image is from the web.
 Filesize
62 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
[Thumb - woman-lens-flare-3c.jpg]
 Filename
woman-lens-flare-3c.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Correction using PhotoDirector.
 Filesize
103 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 24. 2018 20:43

Johnny5 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Not to my knowledge. We don't have your photo to see. I have corrected photos with lens flare in the past. This photo came from a google search for lens flare example: https://www.bestphotosworld.com/lensflare-women-portraits/ . Used the Gradient mask, Adjusted exposure, contrast, and then saturation/Purple -50. My own photos are not this bad. Hope this helps.

EDIT: You may be able to remove the lens flare in your photo with Content Aware removal or Cloning depending on what it looks like. It is worth a try.

So kind of you to offer your help. Sadly, I mistook the Lens Flare feature as being an automated removal tool. :

I've attached the picture in question and will try to apply your suggestions.

Thanks Muchly!
[Thumb - Lens Flare.jpg]
 Filename
Lens Flare.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Lens Flare Sample
 Filesize
297 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for uploading the image in question. I have never seen this particular red flare before. It looks like an internal reflection in the camera lens.

The flare has been removed with content aware removal tools in just a few minutes. It took a couple of tries. See the attached screenshot.
[Thumb - Fix Sky Flare.jpg]
 Filename
Fix Sky Flare.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Red flare removed with content aware removal tools.
 Filesize
388 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)
Johnny5 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for uploading the image in question. I have never seen this particular red flare before. It looks like an internal reflection in the camera lens.

The flare has been removed with content aware removal tools in just a few minutes. It took a couple of tries. See the attached screenshot.

Wow, that turned out nicely. Well done!

I really appreciate your interest in taking on my issue and finding a solution for it.

Oh, I don't have an high end camera of any type, but low end "point and shoot" but it serves me well. :

Thanks again