Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
re-PIP Designer in 360 mode
Islander [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2018 00:24 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using some setting for a 360 video in the PIP designer and also a mask on that video.

I find that you cannot create a template with a video. Ok. But is it possible to create the template from an image(equirectangular) and then load that template onto a 360 video? I know there are things that can't be done (maybe yet) but I'm trying to get things moving in my project.

Applying a scaling and positioning setting from one video to multiple ones should be a feature to be considered. please.

As I'm mostly engaged in 360 projects, I have a suggestion for the Starting View faeture: having the corrections to be updated in a window showing the equirectangular version of the 360 video would help so much as the overall horizon straightening can be easily verified in this view.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2018 14:17

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what you mean by "template" to load into your 360 vid. You can certainly add text and graphics and FX and other standard video and pictures and place them wherever you want in your 360 video.

Take a look at this and see if anything I did is similar to what you're looking for. Be sure to look all around, including down

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Islander [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2018 00:24 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm not sure what you mean by "template" to load into your 360 vid. You can certainly add text and graphics and FX and other standard video and pictures and place them wherever you want in your 360 video.

Take a look at this and see if anything I did is similar to what you're looking for. Be sure to look all around, including down

Sorry for not being more specific.
I was referring to the PIP Designer for an image. When you apply a few settings there, let's say, scaling and positioning, then you click on "save as" still in the PIP Designer. That allows you to save a TEMPLATE.

oK now how do I load that template to be applied on another image, or by extrapolation to another video.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry for not being more specific.
I was referring to the PIP Designer for an image. When you apply a few settings there, let's say, scaling and positioning, then you click on "save as" still in the PIP Designer. That allows you to save a TEMPLATE.

oK now how do I load that template to be applied on another image, or by extrapolation to another video.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I was confused by the 360 part.

If I'm understanding you correctly now, you're really just looking for a way to define and save various edits you've made one on clip and transfer/apply them to another. Is that it? Maybe you tried doing that in the PiP Designer and saw the error message that you can't save a template for a video clip?

The good news is that you can copy all of those attributes from your "master" clip on the timeline and paste them onto as many other clips as you like. You just need to right-click on the "master" clip and choose Copy Keyframe Attributes, then select your target clip and do the corresponding Paste Keyframe Attributes.

This will work for most of the settings you see in the PiP, but if any of them don't show up on the clips you paste the attributes to, just open up the master clip in the PiP Designer again, then click on the Keyframe button. All you need to do is add a single keyframe for any property that didn't get pasted the first time, and that should now carry over when you copy/paste again.

The only difference between this approach and a template is that a template would be saved and would be available in all future projects. Here, you'll just need to import this clip (or open this project again, copy the clip's keyframe attributes, then close the project) and open/create a new project where you'll use those settings.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°