Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrade question
Irenej [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Mar 19, 2013 05:05 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I have been trying out Power Director 17 on the free trial and created and saved projects. I believe if I buy the full version there will be more of everything within that, but, will the projects I have saved work with the new download.?
Although the answer ot my question is no doubtedly going to be YES, I need reassurance after all the work put into the projects.
All my custom stuff from my older version of powerdirecor is not up in the trial, will it return when I buy the full version?
Thanks for any advice
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Irene

Yes, everything you've worked on has been saved in the respective PDS files as you've named them, and the full version will be able to open them just like the trial version was able to do. The full version will not have any limitations for producing to high resolution formats, and all editing features will be enabled.

As for your older items, I'm not sure why the trial version didn't pick up on them. Is your older version of PD still installed? There are ways of recovering those older downloaded and customized objects if needed.

The good news is that there's a 30-day money back guarantee, so there's no risk of getting the full version and seeing if it can access everything from your older projects. Give that a try and post back once you know if PD17 was able to access your custom material or not.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Irenej [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Irene

Yes, everything you've worked on has been saved in the respective PDS files as you've named them, and the full version will be able to open them just like the trial version was able to do. The full version will not have any limitations for producing to high resolution formats, and all editing features will be enabled.

As for your older items, I'm not sure why the trial version didn't pick up on them. Is your older version of PD still installed? There are ways of recovering those older downloaded and customized objects if needed.

The good news is that there's a 30-day money back guarantee, so there's no risk of getting the full version and seeing if it can access everything from your older projects. Give that a try and post back once you know if PD17 was able to access your custom material or not.
Irenej [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Irene

Irenej [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi again.
PD17 now installed thank you.
When speaking of my older stuf I meant all of the additional customised tools like custom titles, downloaded effects, etc,etc. My old version of pwer director, compatible with Windows 7, is not odownloaded and on my PC any more as I am using a new PC with windows 10 installed. So I take it there is no way to retrieve them under these circumstances

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2018 08:56

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]

Hi again.
PD17 now installed thank you.
When speaking of my older stuf I meant all of the additional customised tools like custom titles, downloaded effects, etc,etc. My old version of pwer director, compatible with Windows 7, is not odownloaded and on my PC any more as I am using a new PC with windows 10 installed. So I take it there is no way to retrieve them under these circumstances
If you have a data backup of your old computer, you may be able to copy those custom files to your new computer. In which case the new powerdirector could use them, if you restore or copy the effects, etc, etc to the original locations.

. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I didn't realize you were on a different computer now.

As Carl mentioned above, you'll need to either physically access your old PC or have a backup to retrieve your downloads and customs. Those aren't "stored" with PD, so even if you installed the older PD on your new system, none of your personilzed content would be there.

Newer PD versions DO save those items to the cloud and will automatically restore your content when you do a new install on another machine, but in your case, you'll need transfer them manually.

Do you still have the old PC (or a backup)? We can show you where all the files are stored and help you get them loaded on your Win10 machine.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Irenej [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I didn't realize you were on a different computer now.

As Carl mentioned above, you'll need to either physically access your old PC or have a backup to retrieve your downloads and customs. Those aren't "stored" with PD, so even if you installed the older PD on your new system, none of your personilzed content would be there.

Newer PD versions DO save those items to the cloud and will automatically restore your content when you do a new install on another machine, but in your case, you'll need transfer them manually.

Do you still have the old PC (or a backup)? We can show you where all the files are stored and help you get them loaded on your Win10 machine.
Irenej [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi
Thanks for replies. I do not have the old PC and was advised not to use backups I had from my old system on my new PC because of the programme used to make them. So I no longr have them.
Thanks for all of the advice though bu looks like I will have to start again..