Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Voiceover Room, selected audio device not recording
BelfastBill [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2013 12:51 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Folks
I am able to select my audio device in the voiceover room (it is a Zoom R16 audio interface) but although I can see plenty of green bars when I select the mixer , I am getting no level at all on the input volume. I can record a track but, unsurprisingly there is no audio on it. It seems to me that the sound is clearly getting into the computer but not into PowerDirector. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Did you select the microphone (and the system audio) in the preferences. Both were switched off when I opened the screen capture the first time.
BelfastBill [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Did you select the microphone (and the system audio) in the preferences. Both were switched off when I opened the screen capture the first time.

It is actually in PowerDirector I am having the problem although I checked Screen Recorder and it did not work their either. I can get an ordinary microphone to work in both but I'm not too impressed with the sound quality.
[Post New]
Try AudioDirector
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/audiodirector/features_en_US.html

PowerDirector does not support multi-track recording.
BelfastBill [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try AudioDirector
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/audiodirector/features_en_US.html

PowerDirector does not support multi-track recording.

I was using the Zoom only as an audio interface, not as a multitrack. I think the issue may be to do with the ASIO driver not being compatible with PD. I have worked round it by using another mixer into the computer line in socket but was wondering if anyone else has used the Zoom or any other audio interface with PD. My main issue (and confusion) is that I can select the Zoom as a device from the Voiceover Room but it doesn't actually seem to work.