Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Saving Magic motion
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
In PD16 is there any way of saving your custom motion style in Motion Designer (or anyhere else) so that you can apply it to other images?

I like to apply gentle zoom to still images and motion designer enables me to easily achieve this, but would be so much nicer if having tweaked my ideal motion I could then save it for later use on other images.

Cheers

Alan.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
You can create a Pip and save it to room (Pip Objects)
Add Pip to the timeline, drag the new image over to Pip and select Replace.
I do not think the most practical and not all effects can be saved.

What I use most, select a sequence of photos to apply Magic Motion to all at once.
For more groups of photos I can also use Copy Keyframe attributes, from what is already done and Paste to all the selected photos.

I also use Project that already has Magic Motiom applied to the image.
You can replace the image or use Copy / Paste Attributes, for more photos. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You can create a Pip and save it to room (Pip Objects)

What I use most, select a sequence of photos to apply Magic Motion to all at once.
For more groups of photos I can also use Copy Keyframe attributes, from what is already done and Paste to all the selected photos.

You can replace the image or use Copy / Paste Attributes, for more photos.

Thank you - I am sure one of those might be useful - will report back after I've had a play.

Alan.
AlanR47
[Post New]
Quote You can create a Pip and save it to room (Pip Objects)

You can replace the image or use Copy / Paste Attributes, for more photos.

Had a play.

Usinhg PiP objects works quite well and is good when all the images are the same duration, dropping an image on a PiP object thats not exactly the same duration and you are not offerred the Replace option. But what I do like is the ability to create a style (PiP object) save it and then its permanently in my collection for all future projects. Maybe what I do is create PiP objects that cover my most frequent durations, then I can also take into account the ability to ensure the same apparent motion for differeing durations. This has the real benefit that I do the hard work once and forever. Dragging a PiP object to the timeline and then dropping the real image on top for Replacement is going to be faster than what I was doing, namely scaling to keyframes by hand each image.

The second idea using copy/paste works better in that if the images are not all the same duration the style is applied and duly stretched (or shrunk) to apply to the whole of the image duration, albeit making the same change of scale thus appearing slower if the image duration is significantly longer.

Many thanks for your help - it has given me food for thought and will try all ideas over the next few projects to see what works best for how I work.

Alan.