Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can PhD import Gopro Hero 7 RAW files?
[Post New]
Well, the header says it all! The new Hero 7 can do RAW photos. Cool. But can Photodirector 10 work with them? This is the extent of tech info from Gopro:

RAW FORMAT
When this setting is turned on, all photos are saved as a .jpg image (for
viewing on your camera or sharing with the GoPro app) and a .gpr file.
The .gpr file is based on the Adobe .dng format. These files can be used
in Adobe® Camera Raw (ACR), version 9.7 or later. You can also use
Adobe Photoshop® Lightroom® CC (2015.7 release or later) and Adobe
Photoshop® Lightroom® 6 (version 6.7 or later).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2018 19:11

[Post New]
Quote Well, the header says it all! The new Hero 7 can do RAW photos. Cool. But can Photodirector 10 work with them? This is the extent of tech info from Gopro:

RAW FORMAT
When this setting is turned on, all photos are saved as a .jpg image (for
viewing on your camera or sharing with the GoPro app) and a .gpr file.
The .gpr file is based on the Adobe .dng format. These files can be used
in Adobe® Camera Raw (ACR), version 9.7 or later. You can also use
Adobe Photoshop® Lightroom® CC (2015.7 release or later) and Adobe
Photoshop® Lightroom® 6 (version 6.7 or later).

Well.. I guess I can answer my own question... NO PhD10 can NOT work with Gopro RAW picture files. Bummer.
[Post New]
Hello Michael_Austin,

Your assessment is unfortunately correct.

PhD (any version) doesn't even recognise the .gpr RAW format. The only way, at the moment, to work with those files in PhD is to convert them to .DNG using Adobe DNG Converter (which is free).

PIX PIX YouTube channel
BobLantis
Newbie Location: Asheville, NC Joined: Jun 15, 2018 09:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Michael_Austin,

Your assessment is unfortunately correct.

PhD (any version) doesn't even recognise the .gpr RAW format. The only way, at the moment, to work with those files in PhD is to convert them to .DNG using Adobe DNG Converter (which is free).

PIX

Yes, PIX is correct. A big problem for many of us, though, is that PhD seems to distort (barrel, pin cushion, whatever) DNG files. It apparently doesn't know how to apply the lens correction that is specified within the DNG information.
Does anyone know of any solutions to this? I've tried the DJI DNG preset (supposedly written for my DJI P4P drone), but it doesn't correct it, either. It only appears to crop it slightly, which isn't a correction.
Professionals need to be able to work with all sorts of RAW files, and right now it seems that PhD is lacking in this very important feature. Any thoughts? Bob Lantis
SkyMatrix Aerial Imaging Services
HTTPS://SkyMatrix.tech