Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there a way to increase the PREVIEW speed of a clip?
davecvideo
Newbie Location: Kitsap, WA Joined: Jan 02, 2012 15:34 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
When I have a long clip, being able to preview it at x2,x3 etc. speed to look for sections I want to edit would be great instead of going through it in real time. I know you can adjust the clip for production to play at faster or slower speed but is there a way to preview them (no editing required) at faster than normal play speed? Thank you! See the Difference video can make with DaveCVideo!
[Post New]
Quote When I have a long clip, being able to preview it at x2,x3 etc. speed to look for sections I want to edit would be great instead of going through it in real time. I know you can adjust the clip for production to play at faster or slower speed but is there a way to preview them (no editing required) at faster than normal play speed? Thank you!

If you set the preview resolution to a lower setting, you will get smoother performance from "scrubbing".
Scrubbing is moving the edit point manually. Use the slider at the bottom of the preview window to move to any point at almost any speed. Scott Hendry
www.scotthendry.com
YouTube username TheCscottHendry
davecvideo
Newbie Location: Kitsap, WA Joined: Jan 02, 2012 15:34 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]

If you set the preview resolution to a lower setting, you will get smoother performance from "scrubbing".
Scrubbing is moving the edit point manually. Use the slider at the bottom of the preview window to move to any point at almost any speed.

I was hoping to be able to play the clip like you can (or as it was shown to me somewhat mockingly) in Adobe Premiere with the JKL keys to speed up or play clips backward. I know you can scrub the clip but you don't get audio from it.
Thanks for the suggestion. See the Difference video can make with DaveCVideo!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried placing the clip on the timeline, highlight it, and click the Fast Forward button under the preview window (sixth button from the left). Each time you click it the preview speed doubles up to 16X. Ctrl-F keys does the same thing.