Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD16 future patches???
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Having only been a PD16 user since last December what is the likelihood of further updates and bug cures for PD16 in the light of the release of PD17?

Does it continue to be worthwhile reporting issues to CL or are they just going to say - not interested - or, get PD17 that cures your problem?

I - like many others - do not see any reason for upgrading to PD17 (especially as it would cost me some 40% more than the original did last December) as the enhancements have virtaully no appeal to me - so do we have to live with the faults in PD16 while we await what might be a better deal in PD18?

Just curious and welcome comments from users whose relationship with the PD series goes way back further than mine does.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08. 2018 14:36

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Having only been a PD16 user since last December what is the likelihood of further updates and bug cures for PD16 in the light of the release of PD17?

Does it continue to be worthwhile reporting issues to CL or are they just going to say - not interested - or, get PD17 that cures your problem?

I - like many others - do not see any reason for upgrading to PD17 (especially as it would cost me some 40% more than the original did last December) as the enhancements have virtaully no appeal to me - so do we have to live with the faults in PD16 while we await what might be a better deal in PD18?

Just curious and welcome comments from users whose relationship with the PD series goes way back further than mine does.

Hi,

As a general point on ongoing support, CL do run a support program for older versions. For example the last update for PDR15 was 2018-09-16, so I assume that PDR16 will continue to receive patches for a while yet.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,

As a general point on ongoing support, CL do run a support program for older versions. For example the last update for PDR15 was 2018-09-16, so I assume that PDR16 will continue to receive patches for a while yet.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thank you - thats sounds good.

Just a small point am I right in assuming that each patch supercedes all the previous ones or replaces them. IE when I apply 2816 alone I do not need to apply 2524 and 2313 or does each patch stand alone and all need to be applied in any order?

Can I tell what patches have been applied to my current version?

TIA
Alan.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Unless otherwise stated patches are cumulative and incorporate previous ones.

Beta patches are often released for users to try, particularly if they have a specific issue to address, before the final General Release patch is provided.

Each patch will change the version number of your PDR installation - click on Help>About or the PoweDirector logo to access the version number.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do