Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Serious audio issue when moving one clip
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'd been having some strange audio problems come up when working on multi-track projects. I've finally isolated at least one of the problems, and the video below shows how moving a single clip in a simple 2-clip project causes multiple audio sync and playback issues. I hope this can be fixed ASAP!

Can anyone confirm that they see this behavior as well? I can't understand how two unrelated clips can cause such a big problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2018 22:59

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Optodata – Glad to see you back participating in the PD Forums.

I have been busy working with earlier projects imported to PD17 to finish up and discovered many bugs in svrt and menus problems for the BD users and creators. I usually find workarounds without posting.

Could not duplicate this audio issue. Screen Recorder 3 opened from PD17 plugin and stop recording short. BTW I never installed Screen Recorder 3. I closed PD17 and reopened it. This time Screen Recorder 2 correctly open from PD17 plugin and I was able to make this recording. Resized it for it to be D/L in this forum.

See the attached video. My pref settings here is 29.97 fps, 5.1 audio, unpatched PD17 because none exist yet.

EDIT: This is the 3rd time trying to post the 10MB 480p30 video. I have reduced it to 2.3 MB in size.
 Filename
PD17audio issue.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
PD17 audio works here.
 Filesize
2381 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
518 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Optodata – Glad to see you back participating in the PD Forums.
Could not duplicate this audio issue
See the attached video. My pref settings here is 29.97 fps, 5.1 audio, unpatched PD17 because none exist yet.

Hey tomasc, thanks very much for trying this out! There actually is a patch (v17.0.2126.1) but you have to launch and agree to update the AppManager to get it. I don't know if the issue was in the initial release of PD17 or not.

My project settings are 60fps, but it didn't prevent the issue from happening when I changed them the frame rate to 30. I wonder what will happen if you open this packed project and preview it? I believe that something happens to the project that causes the damage, and if you have the problem on your machine when working with my project, that would confirm it.

On the other hand, if there's something on my system that's causing the issue and this project works normally on your machine, that's another clue in figuring out what's going on.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2018 13:56

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

optodata
[Post New]
So here's something very interesting. I used the Pack Project Materials feature to save the project to a OneDrive folder, which is what I shared in my last post. I just opened that project on my desktop machine where I've seen the problem, and I can't get the audio issue to occur at all, not matter how many times I move the Track 2 clip.

When I reload the original project, however, no matter where the T2 clip is, as soon as I move it to the right then it's just like in the video I made documenting the problem.

So something is different in the original project (which I've created several times) and the packed version that prevents the problem from occurring. I'll dig until the PDS files to see if I can find any differences that might explain this.

EDIT: Here's a link to the original (unpacked) project. Please see if this behaves differently. On my machine, the sound changes after the T2 clip is played even without moving it, and the silence happens after moving it to the right.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 07. 2018 14:20

YouTube/optodata

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have loaded your pds file. Browse to the clip. Tested fine. Recorded it and uploaded it to YouTube. See that you have posted again so I will test your new project in a few minutes.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have finished testing the (original) PD17 serious audio issue test.pds. Afterwards I recorded all this and uploaded it to YouTube. Please look in your pm in a few minutes. I need to attach the links as posting video in this forum is too slow. All is working well on my end.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi optodata & tomasc -

I've delayed posting in this thread so I could double check on different PCs. I haven't been able to replicate the particular issue originally posted - on any PC - with any source material.

I could bore you with screen captures, but there's "nothing to see here".

I'll test your original project, optodata.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
[Post New]
Quote ... there's "nothing to see here".

I'll test your original project, optodata.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks, Tony. I appreciate you taking the time to test this out on various machines!

It certainly is looking more and more like this problem is with my desktop, and also that packing the project "cures" the problem. I've copied and pasted the section from the packed project that specifies the sole source clip into my original one, and the revised project is immune from the issue. Maybe I'll put that all together and link to it in case anyone from Cyberlink wants to investigate.

YouTube/optodata

optodata
[Post New]
If anyone wants to take a deep look into this issue, even though it can't be replicated on other machines, I found that the highlighted XML code in the packed project (on the left in this full size image) prevents the problem if it replaces the larger section of green highlighted text from the original project.

Simply overwriting the green highlighted text and saving that as a PDS file prevents the audio issue from happening when it's opened in PD17, and even though this problem seems to be localized to my installation, there may be something useful about those file attributes if any additional issues come up.

YouTube/optodata