Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink PowerDirector doesn't do what I want
K9Glad [Avatar]
Newbie Location: not given Joined: Jan 20, 2018 11:13 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Dont by this *** software, waste of money.
Have used it sometime and my rage is boiled over.

If you have take some videos of your familly on holidays and want to edit in director for make video files and add some thumbnails for better sorting..Not possible, you have to use the DVD menu. Rellay..

Waste of money..

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 02. 2018 05:05

iammykyl [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brisbane. Australia. Joined: Sep 02, 2018 06:23 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Dont by this *** software, waste of money.

If you have take some videos of your familly on holidays and want to edit in director for make video files and add some thumbnails for better sorting..Not possible, you have to use the DVD menu. Rellay..

Waste of money..

I also am a biginner with PD16 but knew, it being a near Pro software package, I would not be able to click willy nilly here and there and produce a video. Working through verious tutorials, My master piece is coming along fine.

If you can't be bothered to put in some effort and learn how to use the software, try using a Windows type Movie Maker.
K9Glad [Avatar]
[Post New]

I also am a biginner with PD16 but knew, it being a near Pro software package, I would not be able to click willy nilly here and there and produce a video. Working through verious tutorials, My master piece is coming along fine.

If you can't be bothered to put in some effort and learn how to use the software, try using a Windows type Movie Maker.

Ok, maybe a Movie Maker is better.
And you can't be serious. You really do grade a software after how long time you have to use for making what you want?
Loger hours, better software..well not how I grade a software.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Dont by this *** software, waste of money.

Waste of money..

Hi,
The forum is a member to member forum, where members ask for, and offer, expertise and knowledge. Members do so voluntarily and are not obligated to answer any particular issue.

All experienced editors know the frustration when they can't quite get what they need, however, in your case you have given very little information on your problem and so members cannot really help you reach your objectives.

If you need the equivalent of a "point and shoot" editor then PDR is not for you and you should perhaps try something simpler.

If you need something with more sophistication then you must be prepared for some leaning curve and also to provide some detail on an issue you would like some assistance on.

If that detail is not provided, you risk just giving an unsubstantiated opinion that others may choose to ignore.

The forum is packed with solid experience and information provided by many members - some new, some extremely experienced. Please use the expertise if you wish to solve an issue, but please provide sufficient structured info to enable members to help.

PowerDirector Moderator.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02. 2018 05:03

K9Glad [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
The forum is a member to member forum, where members ask for, and offer, expertise and knowledge. Members do so voluntarily and are not obligated to answer any particular issue.

All experienced editors know the frustration when they can't quite get what they need, however, in your case you have given very little information on your problem and so members cannot really help you reach your objectives.

If you need the equivalent of a "point and shoot" editor then PDR is not for you and you should perhaps try something simpler.

If you need something with more sophistication then you must be prepared for some leaning curve and also to provide some detail on an issue you would like some assistance on.

If that detail is not provided, you risk just giving an unsubstantiated opinion that others may choose to ignore.

The forum is packed with solid experience and information provided by many members - some new, some extremely experienced. Please use the expertise if you wish to solve an issue, but please provide sufficient structured info to enable members to help.

PowerDirector Moderator.

Hi, I have used this software for years and when it comes to advanced editing is it perfect.
But when it comes to the simple things, then this software sucks in all ways..
Not what like to say or read..but it is the hard truth.

If some have many movie clips from holidays and find a way to make the clips and set a thumbnail without using the DVD menu?
Send me a tip..I can't find any way to do it.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Hi, I have used this software for years and when it comes to advanced editing is it perfect.
But when it comes to the simple things, then this software sucks in all ways..
Not what like to say or read..but it is the hard truth.

If some have many movie clips from holidays and find a way to make the clips and set a thumbnail without using the DVD menu?
Send me a tip..I can't find any way to do it.

Hi,
Still not 100% sure of what you are seeking, but does this topic help?

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77098.page

PowerDirector Moderator
K9Glad [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
Still not 100% sure of what you are seeking, but does this topic help?

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77098.page

PowerDirector Moderator

Let me explain, thought you know.

When you have added a movie clip to your timeline. You can go into chapter room and set a picture as thumbnail for that clip.
You select the picture from the point you set the pointer in the timeline.

My point if you have been in like 3 different towns, can you set a mark on a point in the timeline that tells you what town the movie is from. Off-course you can set all the info in a text file..

Case is timeline and chapter room for a movie clips. Adding a thumbnail here doesn't work at all. Not using the DVD menu.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm, as far as I understand is that you want to have (selectable) thumbnails in a video without using DVD or BlueRay but a straight video file.

If I am right, than I have to say that this is not possible. A straight video file does not have thumbnails or whatever, except a proprietary format, but that will be no straight video file, like, e.g. MP4. And not only with PD, but with any other editor on the market.
For a menu, you always need either a DVD or a BlueRay or AVCHD data structure.

If I am wrong, I did not understand what you want to achieve.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
K9Glad [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hmm, as far as I understand is that you want to have (selectable) thumbnails in a video without using DVD or BlueRay but a straight video file.

If I am right, than I have to say that this is not possible. A straight video file does not have thumbnails or whatever, except a proprietary format, but that will be no straight video file, like, e.g. MP4. And not only with PD, but with any other editor on the market.
For a menu, you always need either a DVD or a BlueRay or AVCHD data structure.

If I am wrong, I did not understand what you want to achieve.

Hatti

Thanks for a good answer.
Hope they can make it possible in the future..Or do it possible to set a snapshot as me own thumbnail.

I just wanted to be able to set my own tumbnails.

Case closed, and the PDR isn't better..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02. 2018 15:52