Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 365 Startup How to not show templates, to not always start in full screen mode
jnw.wells [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2014 06:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
1. How can I start PD without those suggested templates or whatever they are?
I have to select all and delete every time I start a new project.

2. I do not want to start in full screen mode. I am usually dragging a file into the program.
Even when I select the icon to go to leave full screen, it does that in such a large window I have to
a. Find the top of the window
b. Drag it down into workable area
c. Resize

This is a total waste of time.
Every other windows application in the world that I know of follows the rules for what happens when you want to leave fullscreen mode--Why don't you?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jnw.wells -

If you so to Preferences > Confirmation, you can uncheck the things you don't want. Make sure you check "Always enter Timeline mode at startup".

While you're in Preferences, go to Project & UNcheck "Always load sample clips when PowerDirector opens".

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!