Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where is the background music stored?
AdrieH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2017 10:38 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Ok guys, I have another question about the background music that comes with DS 365: I can find them now in PD17 and I see that I have to download them before I can use them. But where on my harddisk are they stored?
With my subscription came another 10 songs in a different download, and I want to add them to the program. But how? I guess copying them to the location where the other tracks are stored, but I can't find these?

Any thoughts? ----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell XPS desktop - Win10Home 64bit - 24GB RAM- Intel i7 6700 3.4GHz - Seagate 2TB HD
Bernd1948 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jul 10, 2008 10:18 Messages: 3930 Offline
[Post New]
Here,

C:\Users\Public\Cyberlink\Downloaded Audio Gruß Bernd
Technical support:
DE:
https://de.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Ok guys, I have another question about the background music that comes with DS 365: I can find them now in PD17 and I see that I have to download them before I can use them. But where on my harddisk are they stored?
With my subscription came another 10 songs in a different download, and I want to add them to the program. But how? I guess copying them to the location where the other tracks are stored, but I can't find these?

Any thoughts?

Do not use those music files on yourtube. I tried and got flagged right away for using copyright music. Just a quick note PowerDirector Tutorials Team
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Do not use those music files on yourtube. I tried and got flagged right away for using copyright music. Just a quick note

Hello,

We have been told that this should not be the case. The background music provided in PowerDirector is licensed for upload to YouTube.

CyberLink CS would like you to contact them and let them know which background music file you used and also provide a screenshot of the copyright notice. Once submitted, please respond here with the ticket number received.

If any users get copyright claims on YouTube videos containing the background music provided in PowerDirector, please contact CS and provide the above mentioned information .

FAQ for reference: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23343

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]

Hello,

We have been told that this should not be the case. The background music provided in PowerDirector is licensed for upload to YouTube.

CyberLink CS would like you to contact them and let them know which background music file you used and also provide a screenshot of the copyright notice. Once submitted, please respond here with the ticket number received.

If any users get copyright claims on YouTube videos containing the background music provided in PowerDirector, please contact CS and provide the above mentioned information .

FAQ for reference: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23343

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

My first video i uploaded to youtube from PD17 was flagged.
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I would suggest people upload the video to a dummy channel and not the main. I got my flag almost instant. So PD would need to test each one of those music files and see if they get flagged. I myself have stopped using them its just to much work to edit music back in and upload so I just do not use the music any more I use youtubes instead. PowerDirector Tutorials Team
[Post New]

I would suggest people upload the video to a dummy channel and not the main. I got my flag almost instant. So PD would need to test each one of those music files and see if they get flagged. I myself have stopped using them its just to much work to edit music back in and upload so I just do not use the music any more I use youtubes instead.

I'm paying for them i should have the right to use them.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]

I'm paying for them i should have the right to use them.

Absolutely! The problem is that the people who produce the music often have different licenses available, and YT's music detection system looks for a match to the copyrighted list and will flag your video - EVEN IF THERE'S ALSO A VERSION that's licensed through Cyberlink, or SmartSound, etc.

If the flag comes from "AdRev for a third party" all you have to do is copy the video's URL and go to this webpage and simply state that you have a license from Cyberlink (etc.) to use this track in your project. That's it!

It's a real pain that we're "guilty until proven innocent" and unfortunately, there's no way to "pre-clear" your video (you'll have to wait for it to be flagged), but the good news is that you just follow these instructions and they'll release the claim.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]

Absolutely! The problem is that the people who produce the music often have different licenses available, and YT's music detection system looks for a match to the copyrighted list and will flag your video - EVEN IF THERE'S ALSO A VERSION that's licensed through Cyberlink, or SmartSound, etc.

If the flag comes from "AdRev for a third party" all you have to do is copy the video's URL and go to this webpage and simply state that you have a license from Cyberlink (etc.) to use this track in your project. That's it!

It's a real pain that we're "guilty until proven innocent" and unfortunately, there's no way to "pre-clear" your video (you'll have to wait for it to be flagged), but the good news is that you just follow these instructions and they'll release the claim.

SO I just got flagged again. This is bullshit!
I sent a complaint to Cyberlink support and just got a ridiculas cut and paste response and when I try to reply (from the reply box) I just get sent to another empty complaint form.
Obviously Cyberlink are going to do nothing but give me the runaround.
Not happy at all.
[Post New]

SO I just got flagged again. This is bullshit!
I sent a complaint to Cyberlink support and just got a ridiculas cut and paste response and when I try to reply (from the reply box) I just get sent to another empty complaint form.
Obviously Cyberlink are going to do nothing but give me the runaround.
Not happy at all.

Also since the update I can't open the new Application manager
PowerDirector Tutorials
[Post New]

Also since the update I can't open the new Application manager

Should always create a subject in a forum so others see it can also reply. The more that reply the more attention it will get.
Which I am going to do now PowerDirector Tutorials Team
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all -

One of my alter-egos, "Tess Ting", has put it to the test.

15 random tracks were selected & downloaded. These were used in separate videos & uploaded to Tess's YouTube channel.

Of the 15 videos, 4 were flagged as containing copyrighted material (attached screenshot). Each claim was disputed via the YT process. After a few hours, one dispute has been resolved and the copyright claim was dropped.

I'd expect the others to go the same way.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Background Music Check.png]
 Filename
Background Music Check.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
221 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi all -

One of my alter-egos, "Tess Ting", has put it to the test.

15 random tracks were selected & downloaded. These were used in separate videos & uploaded to Tess's YouTube channel.

Of the 15 videos, 4 were flagged as containing copyrighted material (attached screenshot). Each claim was disputed via the YT process. After a few hours, one dispute has been resolved and the copyright claim was dropped.

I'd expect the others to go the same way.

Cheers - Tony

I've contested both but no reply for me yet
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Of the four tracks that were flagged previously, one claim has been released (see above), one has been "upheld" (see below) & two are still in limbo.

From the PDR user's point of view, there ought to be no difference. The only difference is who made the copyright claim.

Apparently, the claimant has 30 days to file a response.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Spicey Ky [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2019 18:42 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you so much for this comment. I was really wondering about that. You rock!

Hello,

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator