Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
produced file has audio but a black screen
443 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2017 22:27 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
PD16 (64 bit)
I have mp4 video from my security camera that is 30 minutes long.
I load it into PD16 and cut what I do not want from the video, most of the time I only want about 2 minutes or less.
I remove any dead time and as I preview the clip/movie I see the video and all looks great.
I go to the produce tab and again there I can preview the short 2 minute video and all looks great.
I chose my folder and then hit start, PD16 takes about 10 seconds to produce the very short 300 meg MP4 video.
After production I can still see the preview in PD16 and all looks good.
I then open the folder and play the produced video I have the audio but no video, It is black.
When I load the produced file back into PD16 it only had the audio track and there is no video track.

when I load the original video into PD16 it does show both the video and audio track and after I cut out what I do not want I still have both tracks.

What am I missing? Why is the production sequence dropping the video track? Any clues?

Thanks
Jim
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum.
go here and download K-Lite Codec Pack . install and see if your media player plays the produced footage.

if not, then download a different media player from the Free Codecs dot com and see if you can play the video...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Adding to what PepsiMan said.
In Produce use the button, Intelligent SVRT
May display Profile, 100% ¨compatible with original video, if yes apply. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
443 [Avatar]
[Post New]
AVplay, Pepsi thanks for the responses.
Pepsi, a new play or codex will not work and did not work as PD16 produce the file WITHOUT the video track. When I import the produced file it does not have a video track.

AVPlay, I tried the SVRT button but it never gives me the option to apply, that button stays grayed out.

I did try one more thing today, I added a Title track and when I did that the video produced correctly, but if I change nothing, add nothing and only cut the protions I do not want it will not produce the video track even through it is there in the preveiw.

I know I am missing something but just cannot figure out what.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote AVplay, Pepsi thanks for the responses.
Pepsi, a new play or codex will not work and did not work as PD16 produce the file WITHOUT the video track. When I import the produced file it does not have a video track.

AVPlay, I tried the SVRT button but it never gives me the option to apply, that button stays grayed out.

I did try one more thing today, I added a Title track and when I did that the video produced correctly, but if I change nothing, add nothing and only cut the protions I do not want it will not produce the video track even through it is there in the preveiw.

I know I am missing something but just cannot figure out what.

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2018 10:29

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
443 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration

Hardware Acceleration was off, I do not use it.
Thanks
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks

Jim

After you have produced a project it is normal to see the original file in preview so nothing unusual there. If I have understood you correctly, you still see the image on the produce page. For that to happen I assume you are selecting "enable preview during production". Given that information it would seem the error is in the production itself.

Firstly, Have you updated your PD version to the very latest patch (build 2816)?
What is the resolution of the security camera images.
And, exactly what settings are you making on the production page?
Finally, what is the exact length of the clip you are trying to produce. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks

I do not know if that's your case.
Security camera, I once had to edit a video, to extract cut a part.
I had to download the manufacturer's software from the brand of equipment.
I still have the app installed but never used it again. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
443 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am replying to all that responded.
THANK YOU very much.
My issue is my video card and the computer itself. To OLD. I wanted to upgrade my video card and that is when I learned the computer is to old.

I have found a work around for the issue, IF I load the security camera file and produce that complete file with no edits and then load that produced file I can edit that file and it all seems to work well so far.

I do appreciate all the responses and help.

Yes I have the latest version or update of PD16.

Thanks
jim