Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What's new? What's good? And is it worth upgrading now from 16?
[Post New]
I just saw that PD17 was released. I can't upgrade now but should I upgrade soon or just stick with 16?

Thanks
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I just saw that PD17 was released. I can't upgrade now but should I upgrade soon or just stick with 16?

Thanks

I have decided to stick with 16. I like 16 and it works well for me. I have no need for more fancy features that serve only to detract from the content.

Content is king as far as I am concerned - and tons of special effects transitions title creators 360 4K et al are at present of no use at all. PD16 works well - no teething problems and its free for me - foreever!
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
I stay on Version 16, no advanteges and minimal improvements for me in PD17.

If Creating of 4K BD is supported, i will change to newer Version. Not earlier anymore.
[Post New]
I've been trying to find out what is new in PD17 apart from more fizzy graphics, consolidation of the Multicam Designer and the video collage designer and some other enhancements that don't look all that useful to me.
The big emphasis in the advertising seems to be pushing the subscription version, which I definitely WON'T go for. IMO, subscription software is just a price rise by stealth.
Since I don't see any mention of any of the changes I asked for, there's no incentive for me to upgrade from 16 to 17. Scott Hendry
www.scotthendry.com
YouTube username TheCscottHendry