Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using keyframes on 3rd party effects?
AdrieH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2017 10:38 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to keyframe out a 3rd party effect from New Blue or Boris? Let's say I want to start a clip using the BCC Rays cartoon filter and using keyframes after 5 secs this effect should not be applied anymore. I know I can adjust the setting of the effect(s) using keyframes, but I don't know how to make it gradually transform back into the original clip so that the effect is no longer visible.

Is there a way this can be done?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 23. 2018 09:59

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell XPS desktop - Win10Home 64bit - 24GB RAM- Intel i7 6700 3.4GHz - Seagate 2TB HD
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Most of the effects have the option to change settings at keyframe level.
Drag the required effect to the fx line in the timeline. Select it and click on modify. Depeding on the nature of the effect a number of settings can be changed.
If you click on the keyframe button at the bottom also at keyframe level. Some effects have the option to change a mix % with the original (example look at Emboss).
In case they don't have that the trick is to duplicate the "effected" videopart and put that in parallel with the original on the separate track. The effect video above the original. Then change the opacity from 0% (not visible) to 100% completely visible. Which has the "effect" I think you are asking for: the effected part is fased out.
There are some excellent youtube tutorials that explain all this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8cosdWggDw

Have fun.
Warry
AdrieH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2017 10:38 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Warry,

the duplicate solution was what I was looking for!
And as many times: it's actually that simple that I have no idea why I didn't think of it myself... tongue-outlaughing ----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell XPS desktop - Win10Home 64bit - 24GB RAM- Intel i7 6700 3.4GHz - Seagate 2TB HD
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi AdrieH -

In looking at your question, I found there was no way to keyframe out that particular effect completely. i.e. BCC Rays Cartoon. It didn't matter what properties I tried to "get back to zero", the effect remained.

So Warry's duplicate solution is the best.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!