Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New purchase cannot load onto laptop
dubgirl [Avatar]
Newbie Location: United Kingdom Joined: Sep 22, 2018 12:21 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

i have just purchased a new copy of power director 16 and cannot install it onto my laptop either via the cd provided or the digital download.
I opened an account on here as you can see but cannot find how I digitally down load it and put my product key.

I am in the UK and Im ok with computers but not very technical so please make your answer simple to follow.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2018 12:36

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi

i have just purchased a new copy of power director 16 and cannot install it onto my laptop either via the cd provided or the digital download.
I opened an account on here as you can see but cannot find how I digitally down load it and put my product key.

I am in the UK and Im ok with computers but not very technical so please make your answer simple to follow.

Thanks

Hello

The CD, is that the CD that came with a boxed version of PD16?

If so, will it not autostart when you load it?
dubgirl [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hello

The CD, is that the CD that came with a boxed version of PD16?

If so, will it not autostart when you load it?

Hi

No nothing happens when I put it in the CD drawer. Ive tried to get it to download that way but it wont.

I also apparently can download it digitally with the key provided but that wont work either.

I am using windows 10 and have enough memory space to download according to the spec listed on the box.

Thanks

Sue
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Hi

No nothing happens when I put it in the CD drawer. Ive tried to get it to download that way but it wont.

I also apparently can download it digitally with the key provided but that wont work either.

I am using windows 10 and have enough memory space to download according to the spec listed on the box.

Thanks

Sue

If you look at your CD drive in Windows Explorer is the CD showing up there? If it's there in Explorer, click on the drive and then use the search option at the top right of the window that opens, and search for SETUP.EXE. If found, double click on the file and it should start to install.

Hope it works for you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2018 11:36

dubgirl [Avatar]
[Post New]

If you look at your CD drive in Windows Explorer is the CD showing up there? If it's there in Explorer, click on the drive and then use the search option at the top right of the window that opens, and search for SETUP.EXE. If found, double click on the file and it should start to install.

Hope it works for you

Hi

I put my dvd back into the drawer and for some reason this time it started to load without me doing anything.

Very odd.........thank you for your help.

Sue