Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Title effects- thumbs up!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
After button pushing and fiddling about I really like the new Title special FX (fire/lightning/neon/etc). That might prove to be fun.
In addition I like the backdrop ability added to the same Title module. You can really make your scripts/titles stand out and easier to read. I hope for more flexibilty/choices in both, but for now I welcome the additional functionality as they are! HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
I like the backdrop feature as well. Unfortunately, you cannot use it and add a starting or ending effect. If you try, PowerDirector 17 will remove the backdrop in order to implement the effect. Apparently you can use one or the other, but not both.
--Jim
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry & Jim -

My main PC is in hospital (again), so I'm using an older one.

When I go to add a backdrop I get:

so I guess the poor old GTX260 embarassed isn't up to the task. Therefore, I can't test Jim's observation about using backdrops with start/end effects.

Another odd thing... in the Title room under Text Only, whenever I select "Backdrop 04" PDR17 stops working. It can't even preview the thing, let alone allow me to drop it in the timeline. Does anyone else get that?

Oh woe is me.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
The little laptop got me through... no issues with "Backdrop 04" or adding backdrops to titles.

Jim - you're right - starting & ending effects aren't compatible with using a backdrop.

Using keyframes for opacity, position etc keeps the backdrop attached to the title. A couple of examples - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176474559 & https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176474560

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote so I guess the poor old GTX260 embarassed isn't up to the task.

The GTX260 is another GPU that only supports through DirectX10, same issue as reported here on a Quadro 580. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77197.page#post_box_315974

Obviously CL MARCOM not on top of what programers have compiling against for months.

Jeff
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Tony,

Thanks for your interaction on this thread.

I had the same DirectX error message on my test machine and had to get a different video card. I'd like to see them add something in the documentation about that.

I just tried loading the Backdrop 04 on my Surface Pro 1, and it worked. I think it may have crashed on my test machine before I upgraded hardware.

--Jim
[Post New]
Quote so I guess the poor old GTX260 embarassed isn't up to the task. Therefore, I can't test Jim's observation about using backdrops with start/end effects.

Another odd thing... in the Title room under Text Only, whenever I select "Backdrop 04" PDR17 stops working. It can't even preview the thing, let alone allow me to drop it in the timeline. Does anyone else get that?

I guess they are related.
Since your VGA cannot handle DX11, it causes the backdrop preview failed.

Time to upgrade a new VGAwink ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365