Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink marketing failing?
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Log on this morning to find that PD17 has been released. NO emails, no Google ads popping up. just odd LOL

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2018 15:10

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps Cyberlink gets more bang for the buck/euro/etc via browser ads. That being said, I might imagine members here to get a "heads-up" perhaps 24 hours in advance and get a nice little coupon, or maybe additional plugins, but I'm just a crab. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
nemesis1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2017 09:45 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
The voice over on Cyberlinks YouTube videos are awful, it's so unnatural, I stopped the videos rather than listen all the way through.

Either use your natural voice or paid for a professional.
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
The thing(s) regarding VO is an ever returning issue/problem/matter of taste?

If we should agree that the internet language is English, we could perhaps also agree that English comes in many different shades of dialects. Not only from different continents, but from countries - and within countries. I really don’t mind. As long as the audio itself is good and as long as I understand the English spoken, I don’t mind the accent of Ireland, Texas, India, Germany, Australia or South Africa.

Editing software seems to be promoted mostly towards male customers. As if skills and creativity are understood to be reserved men. (Lately, the car industry is twisting their promo.)
Some editing software companies do not prefer female VO in any form of English.
It’s been puzzling to me – if the promotions mostly want to target men – why companies choose to have a male VO speaking so softly / soothing as if promoting lip gloss, body lotion or massage oil.
With CL, it’s been like that for some years.
That’s a bit bewildering 😊
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Perhaps Cyberlink gets more bang for the buck/euro/etc via browser ads. That being said, I might imagine members here to get a "heads-up" perhaps 24 hours in advance and get a nice little coupon, or maybe additional plugins, but I'm just a crab.
I've been on cyberlink's email list for 15+ years and have yet to receieve any anouncment for PD17. I'll have to see 'what's new' and see it I want to upgrade. I don't as much editing as i used to making these decisions more difficult. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, I'll add that I was surprised too when PD17 came out. The first I learned about it was when I backed out of the PD15 forum to see what the PD16 guys were talking about (have been following threads on Threadripper). That's when I saw a new topic for PD17.

Had I not done that, I would still be in the dark.

As a minimum, a heads up in the forum would have been nice.

P.S. I'm still waiting to hear from the Threadripper guys whether PD17 is utilizing all cores now.