Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Grouping clips
MatKaplan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2016 17:06 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I tried AudioDirector 7 but found that it was lacking a couple of features that are essential for my work. One is the ability to select and group clips on a track and across different tracks to move them together. Does anyone know if this is now possible? Thanks! Mat Kaplan
The Planetary Society
[Post New]
Hello Mat,

I assume you're referring to working in the Mix module, with multiple tracks.

What you appear to be wanting to do (move multiple clips together) has been possible for as long as I've been using ADR.

By using Ctrl+click, any audio/video clips can be selected & moved as you wish.

Perhaps I'm not reading/understanding what you're asking correctly.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
MatKaplan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks very much for the response. I left out one important point. I'd like the selected clips to remain grouped for movement until one or more clips are removed from the group. I need to do this all the time during post-production for a show I work on. I know AudioDirector will do this for entire tracks to apply effects or change levels.

Mat

Quote Hello Mat,

I assume you're referring to working in the Mix module, with multiple tracks.

What you appear to be wanting to do (move multiple clips together) has been possible for as long as I've been using ADR.

By using Ctrl+click, any audio/video clips can be selected & moved as you wish.

Perhaps I'm not reading/understanding what you're asking correctly.

PIX
Mat Kaplan
The Planetary Society
[Post New]
Hello again Mat,

In ADR, you can group audio tracks by going to Edit > Groups. I don't think this feature, however, meets your purposes.

I cannot see any way to group multiple clips and have them remain "grouped" (so they can always be shifted together) because once a different clip is selected for editing the previously selected clips are deselected.

I'm afraid I have reached the conclusion that the short answer is no. If you can show I'm wrong, please let the forum know.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
MatKaplan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello again Mat,

In ADR, you can group audio tracks by going to Edit > Groups. I don't think this feature, however, meets your purposes.

I cannot see any way to group multiple clips and have them remain "grouped" (so they can always be shifted together) because once a different clip is selected for editing the previously selected clips are deselected.

I'm afraid I have reached the conclusion that the short answer is no. If you can show I'm wrong, please let the forum know.

PIX

Thank you, PIX. I hope this is a feature CyberLink will include in a future release, as I suggested to them ages ago. It can be very useful.

Mat Mat Kaplan
The Planetary Society