Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Soundclips Library has 3 copies of each clip
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
As the title states, my Soundclips Library is cluttered with 3 copies of each clip. I don't like that. Anyone else have this cluttered mess? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
jean-bernard
Newbie Location: Belgique Joined: Nov 24, 2016 06:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello I have this on my 2 computers at the beginning it was OK and after it came with 3 copies of each clip but it is missing 200 on the one I reinstalled and it came back how before.

Microsoft translation

Bonjour J'ai ça sur mes 2 ordinateurs au départ c’était correct et après c’est venue avec 3 copies de chaque clip mais il en manque 200 Sur l’un J'ai réinstallé et c'est revenu comment avant.

JeanBernard
Newbie Location: Belgique Joined: Sep 01, 2012 04:01 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]

Hello is there a solution for this problem

I had reinstalled the program and it was OK but after a few days the problem came back

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hello is there a solution for this problem
I had reinstalled the program and it was OK but after a few days the problem came back

YES! For some reason, there are 3 configuration files that all have the exact same content. The files are named "SoundClipsList_Subscription_ENU_x.json" (where ENU is the installed language code. Others are JPN, KOR, FRA, ESP, DEU, ITA, CHT and CHS), and the "x" before ".json" is 1, 2 and 3.

These files are located in the "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\17.0\Cache\BKMusicTmp" folder, where UserName is the active account name in Windows.

To solve this issue, close PD17 and navigate to that folder in Windows/File Explorer (NOTE you may need to enable this setting from the Options window in order to access the AppData subfolders:

Once you're loooking at the folder (there should be these 3 SoundClipList files, plus one for the BackgroundMusicList), you can either delete or rename the 2.json and 3.json files. The advantage to renaming them (like adding a ".old" to the end, or making "old" part of the name) is that you can simply rename the files if you encounter any problems later on.

Now, restart PD17 and look at the SoundClips library. The first time you try to access it, you'll see this error box. Don't worry!

The library will actually load normally as soon as you click OK, and you should only see 1 copy of each clip in the list. If you click on any of the download arrows, the selected clip will be retrieved and will be available from now on.

So, a little work is needed under the hood and there's a single nuisance error message to deal with, but otherwise the issue is resolved (at least until a proper patch is released)!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26. 2018 16:09

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
YES! For some reason, ...

Opto, it's really great to see back here, your input is top-shelf and I hope you stick around a little. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry,

CL has confirmed this is a server issue and it should be fixed soon. Thanks for bringing up the issue,

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Barry,

CL has confirmed this is a server issue and it should be fixed soon. Thanks for bringing up the issue,

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

I see that this has been fixed in the new v17.0.2126.1 release! Only a single file is created in that folder now. Thank you

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°