Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Selecting a still (thumbnail) that will be seen before movie is started
Richard045 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2018 18:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Using PD16 and would like to be able to slect the still or thumbnail that someone will see before starting the video

Thanks
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Using PD16 and would like to be able to slect the still or thumbnail that someone will see before starting the video

Thanks

If you want the still to be an excerpt from your movie, you can select the scene you want.then use the camera icon under the preview screen to take a still image. Once taken the image will be transferred to the library. Once there, drag it down and place it at the begining of your project and stretch it to the length required.

I hope that I have understood you correctly. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Richard045 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2018 18:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

If you want the still to be an excerpt from your movie, you can select the scene you want.then use the camera icon under the preview screen to take a still image. Once taken the image will be transferred to the library. Once there, drag it down and place it at the begining of your project and stretch it to the length required.

I hope that I have understood you correctly.

Thanks, I did that and the still is seen as soon as the video is started, however I want the video to show this before someone starts the video.
[Thumb - snip_20180919185138.png]
 Filename
snip_20180919185138.png
[Disk]
 Description
This is the actual video file and what is seen before it
 Filesize
68 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - snip_20180919185059.png]
 Filename
snip_20180919185059.png
[Disk]
 Description
Here is the snapshot I took from the video and put at the beginning of the video.
 Filesize
68 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 19. 2018 18:56

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This post may help: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77098.page .