Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to download PowerDVD 9 Ultra upgrade, I just purchased.
Nikolas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2009 05:52 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
There was no problem charging my card, however …. I tried to download the file from the link I was sent by email. It was downloading for about 5 minutes, and then it froze. Closed the download, and attempted to download it again, thinking it would not be a problem, since I had purchased the Extended Download Service! How ever….

"Sorry,

You tried to download too many times.

If you have any questions, please contact Digital River Customer Service at CustomerServices@digitalriver.com."

So, I sent an email about 2 hours ago, no response still.

Now for the details.
I’m using Windows 7 RC 64 bit, IE8 together with IE7pro plug-in download manager. This is what was downloading it. I have Advast installed and Comodo firewall with a Safe Mode setting.
Well needless to say, I stopped all background operations (anti-virus and firewall), and tried to download it in may different ways (including using FireFox), but I only get the same response.

I’m I doing something wrong? Was it the download manager that ruined the upgrade experience for me? Or is this a recurring problem with Digital River?
How can I rectify this?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 21. 2009 06:21

John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2009 18:46 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Don't worry - they will eventually email you back and allow you to download it again. It took them two days to respond to me ):
Nikolas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your encouraging response. However, I still would like to know specifically what went wrong with the download, and the link.
Nikolas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Over 24 hours, and still no response. Cyberlink is not impressing me at all!
Sergey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 22, 2009 07:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
+1

My letter did not contain a link to download (Upgrade to Ultra).

Now i waiting for a response from the service...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 22. 2009 08:00

Nikolas [Avatar]
[Post New]
I beg your pardon?

Edit: Understood. So I guess we are at Cyberlinks good humor, or should I say Bad!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 22. 2009 08:38

Nikolas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cyberlink just resolved my problem. Digital River has not ever responded to me yet.
So I have my product now.

I guess if anyone has this problem in the future, don't contact Digital River, but Cyberlink.