Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 14, how to make a generic fly in lower thirds
PaulJack [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 12, 2018 20:09 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
HI All

I see the title room that has all those fancy lower thirds. I just want a basic White Background, black letters.

John Smith
General Manager

something clean and easy like that. All those pre made template have bubbles and lines and stuff, how can I make a generic one that flies in from the left or right for a few seconds.

Thanks!

Paul
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
I have several tutorials on lower thirds you can create yourself.Here is a link to one tutorial that might work.

For a complete tutorial list that is clickable, try this.

--Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 13. 2018 19:36

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote HI All

I see the title room that has all those fancy lower thirds. I just want a basic White Background, black letters.

John Smith
General Manager

something clean and easy like that. All those pre made template have bubbles and lines and stuff, how can I make a generic one that flies in from the left or right for a few seconds.

Thanks!

Paul

You can and should create your own titles.
If you want to use it again you should save it to the title library.
See this tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_pZQYt_1iA
PaulJack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks all, watching these vids now
PaulJack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have several tutorials on lower thirds you can create yourself. Here is a link to one tutorial that might work.

For a complete tutorial list that is clickable, try this.

--Jim

your top link didnt work for me
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry. I edited the post.This link should work.

--Jim
Kevinhmr13 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2015 09:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sorry. I edited the post.This link should work.

--Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your excellent advice and tutorials on this topic. Following your tutorial, I've created a fly-in lower third using keyframes. It flies in from the right, pauses for 4 seconds, then reverses out again off the screen - just what I wanted. However, I'm now trying to superimpose text on the lower third. I tried creating the text on a different track so it would fly in with the lower third, but wasn't successful.

Is there a way to simply superimpose text on the fly-in (which is a shaped colour board) ?

Thank you in advance for your help :

Best wishes,

Kevin
JimIowa
[Post New]
Great question.

You can do this.Here is a new tutorial showing how to do this.

--Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15. 2018 08:54

bestkodi01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2018 09:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote HI All

John Smith
General Manager

Thanks!

Paul
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]

Create text that scrolls to the right
Watch the video and follow the mouse.
Annex the project you want to modify
 Filename
Create title.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
128 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
228 time(s)