Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AVCHD video
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
At the risk of being a pest, I would like to know something about an AVCHD video I finished today (09/09).
After my editing I opened Produce. Because my clips were AVCHD clips that's what I went with.
I then went to create disc and under the AVCHD button were several options. I thought it would be a good idea to put it on the last one - removable media (don't remember exact terms as my wife is using that computer).
When I went to Burn, said not supported media. Same with others. Finally chose 8.5 disc. Clicked Burn, checked creat disc and and a file.
After disc burned, computer won't load it and when I click on E drive, Windows Media Player said file not recognized.
So, I went to E: clicked the disc and video came up. Clicked on properties and it said it was a BDMV file.
Did some searches and found out a BDMV file is a Blu Ray file. Hmmm.
So, what I'd like to know is: why was my video made into a Blu Ray file when I selected AVCHD. Is that normal?
So, I went back to my project and instead of using AVCHD, it came up H.265HD. Right now it has been in the production process for around 2 hours. Guess burn will be same. Is that normal?
I hope I am not making myself look like an absolute idiot by making this post, because I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer on some of this, but this is something entirely new to me - AVCHD.
If additional info is needed, please let me know. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
AVCHD disks can only be played on BD optical drives or players, and not all BD players recognize the AVCHD format. The AVCHD files are burned to DVDs usually, but they can't be "read" by DVD players and DVD optical drives. See this link for more information.

I hope this helps and don't feel badly. A lot of us had to learn the "hard way."

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Quote AVCHD disks can only be played on BD optical drives or players, and not all BD players recognize the AVCHD format. The AVCHD files are burned to DVDs usually, but they can't be "read" by DVD players and DVD optical drives. See this link for more information.

I hope this helps and don't feel badly. A lot of us had to learn the "hard way."

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Thanks Phil. Really appreciate the info. Nothing I read provided that much.
Have a great Monday. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
You are welcome, Jack. Glad that I could help out a fellow PD video editor! Happy Editing!

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor